Sign in to follow this  
spawningcarp

restart fsx to help with VAS?

That doesn't sound like any enjoyment in flight simming!  I think people have tried.  Have you tried it yet?  Sounds very complicated.  You would have to save your flight, close fsx, restart fsx and, at the startup screen load the saved flight. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I believe that you can skip the "close fsx, restart fsx" part... just save flight and reload.

Not quite as bad..

Bert

I the very few cases where I've have to do this (none in the past couple of years) I did what Bert suggests.  As I remember, slightly more VAS is available if you close and restart FSX but I would think that what Bert suggests would provide you enough VAS to complete your flight.

Jim is also correct. If  you have a VAS issue, the best thing would be to go to work to prevent it from occurring in the first place.  This can be done with both FSX and P3D and the AVSIM Configuration Guide (pinned on the right side of most every AVSIM page) is a great place to start!  NOTE:  There are a few payware airports that may still give you VAS issues if  you are flying in between them.  In my experience they are EHAM (Fly Tampa), EGLL (Aerosoft), EDDF (Aerosoft). You can fly in between them without an OOM but you might have to tone down your graphics settings a bit.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

32-bit is ridiculous in these days. We need 64bit period.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Rumors are that P3D will be 64bit soon.  I also believe FSX-SE will eventually be converted.  FSX (box edition) will never be converted as support and upgrades ended in Jan 2009 when the developers were released by Microsoft.

I also agree with Dave's comments.  Personally, I really, really enjoy FSX/Acceleration as I set up flights lasting 45 minutes to an hour.  Those are sometimes difficult to complete too (mainly depending on the weather conditions at the arrival location).  A lot of members try the really long flights only to crash at the end and that's no fun for sure and I'm sure many have quit and moved on. 

For FSX, there's another neat option where you can practice landings (FS Instant Approach).  The program allows you to set up a scenario and you can go back to the point of descending into the airport or say, go back 30 miles and begin the landing from there.  Even in a PMDG aircraft!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10