Sign in to follow this  
jeanrup

Narsarsuaq X in P3D 3.4

Hi

I´m trying to install the Narsarsuaq X in P3D version 3.4, it seems to work, but the apron is not at the same altitude as the runway?

Anyone have a suggestion for at fix?

THX

What was the problem?

David Porrett

Hey Jeanrup! I too have problem with Narsarsuaq X, and I also have ORBX Victor installed. But I can’t figure out what you’ve done to fix the scenery. What is AEC? 🤔

14 minutes ago, coolno7 said:

Hey Jeanrup! I too have problem with Narsarsuaq X, and I also have ORBX Victor installed. But I can’t figure out what you’ve done to fix the scenery. What is AEC? 🤔

In the FTX Vector Control Panel, a tab for the elevation correction and in that tab an auto scan. Run the auto scan, and after completion, type in bgbw in the left side of the airports list to see if it found and disabled it. The scan will only find scenery.cfg entries not addon.cfg entries. To fix this you may use Lorby's Addon Organizer to temporarily export the full scenery list as the .cfg file, run the Vector auto scan, then close the Addon Organizer.

Hi all,

It's been a while since this topic was first discussed, but it's new to me so I thought I'd revive it. Here is where I am:

1. downloaded the Narsarsuaq X scenery into P3D v4.4. The airport and surrounding scenery look wonderful. However...
  2. The taxiways and ramp was below ground level, so I ran the AEC tool in Orbx and disabled the airport.
  3. This made the ramp and taxiway rise above everything else.
  4. I've deleted the aec_bgbw.inactive file (as recommended by p3d). The problem #3 still exists.
  5. I re-added the scenery, repeated step #2 and did not delete the aec_bgbw.inactive file. Problem #3 lives on.

Any ideas? Have we finally found the limits of where old FSX scenery can go in terms of talking to P3D?

Thanks for any help.