Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Good news from Navigraph

Links below to show great improvement in Navigraph Charts even with a moving map available in some cases.

http://blog.navigraph.com/post/158703930126/jeppesen-charts-to-the-flight-simulation-community

http://jeppesentraining.articulate-online.com/p/6391965289/story_html5.html

Regards 

Richard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

As I mainly fly European airlines such as from the Lufthansa group (Lufthansa, Eurowings, Swiss, Austria), this is bad news for me as all those airlines use the LIDO charts. It seem that Navigraph intends to focus now on the north american market by using Jeppesen.

Might be time to switch to NavDataPro Charts then, which uses LIDO. Hope there will be a refund from Navigraph in case that there are many days of subscription left.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thanks for the HU Richard

The new charts look like LIDO a big change from how they use to look. I like the speed restrictions, even easier to see than LIDO

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

55 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

As I mainly fly European airlines such as from the Lufthansa group (Lufthansa, Eurowings, Swiss, Austria), this is bad news for me as all those airlines use the LIDO charts. It seem that Navigraph intends to focus now on the north american market by using Jeppesen.

Might be time to switch to NavDataPro Charts then, which uses LIDO. Hope there will be a refund from Navigraph in case that there are many days of subscription left.

Well I see in their posting that both Munich and Geneva charts are included as well as Hong Kong, so it is not just USA.

regards

Richard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

1 hour ago, rgbinns said:

Well I see in their posting that both Munich and Geneva charts are included as well as Hong Kong, so it is not just USA.

regards

Richard

You are correct. European airports will still be covered. 

What I think he meant was that if you want to simulate European ops, it gets less realistic, as a lot of European carriers use Lido (Lufthansa Group, IAG, Air France/KLM) in stead of Jeppesen.

I think Jeppesen has a greater coverage world wide and mostly in North America, but also in places like Norway I believe (because of Wideroe). Which is a plus. The moving map etc. is also a plus for me.

I will miss the Lido charts however. I'm used to them and like the overall look and feel of them (like a 3 year old I like colors). But then again, the new Jeppesen charts will be more like Lido charts in that aspect.

For now I'll stick with Navigraph.

I use navigraph and preferred the look over Jeppeson charts but have a look at the training link that Richard posted.

I've been through the presentation showing all the changes and they are very close to LIDO now. That plus the moving map means I am happy to stay with Navigraph.

Chris