Sign in to follow this  
moscue

Scenery for KDCA

Does anyone have a link for a "free" KDCA download on P3D v3

Thank you

Mike

There is a rather good representation of KDCA in the DD Washington X.  It's not quite FSDreamteam/FlyTampa/FlightBeam, but it's the next step next to those and you get a complete DC area with all the landmarks and such.  It makes the river visual rather appealing. 

• Upvote 1

Eric Szczesniak

30 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

There is a rather good representation of KDCA in the DD Washington X.  It's not quite FSDreamteam/FlyTampa/FlightBeam, but it's the next step next to those and you get a complete DC area with all the landmarks and such.  It makes the river visual rather appealing. 

I agree. It is worth every penny and has good performance.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I also second the DD scenery,,,,great stuff!!  REX is also currently working on KDCA as part of their Worldwide Airports addon.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

For complete and accurate scenery then DD Washington X is spot on. 

As someone who works right across the river, I can say its pretty accurate. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Another DD scenery fan..its also performance friendly. Excellent scenery and i can live without people on bus stop seats on the other side of terminals i cant see that kill fps even on powerful machines.

Excellent scenery all around.

Darren Howie

DD for sure, very well done. Looking forward to his Seattle Cityscape scenery

Eric 

How is the DD with VAS?  Can one depart from a nice payware airport, make a 2 hour flight and land at DD KDCA without a VAS alarm or OOM - using a payware aircraft such as the PMDG NGX or Aerosoft Airbus?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

23 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

How is the DD with VAS?  Can one depart from a nice payware airport, make a 2 hour flight and land at DD KDCA without a VAS alarm or OOM - using a payware aircraft such as the PMDG NGX or Aerosoft Airbus?

Dave - I have completed several flights to and from DD KDCA and FSDT KIAH with zero issues in the FSL A320.  I have also completed 2 flights to/from FSDT KORD.  This is using ORBX FTX Global, Vector, Open LC NA & AS16/ASCA.  AI traffic limited to 50 and I also have FB KIAD which does partially load in depending on your route of flight.  I have been surprised by how well this scenery performs.  That being said, I am running the LITE version.  I have not tried the full but see no need for it with my type of flying. All flights in and out of the area ended with about .5 VAS remaining which is pretty normal for most of my flying in the FSL A-320.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

47 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've flown from the imaginesim KATL to KDCA in the FSLabs A320 without issue.  The only time I had an issue was on departure from DCA in the FSLabd A320 when I overflew flightbeam KIAD...once I disabled KIAD I've had no more issues.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Great info.  Thanks guys!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yeah I would not load in KIAD FB and keep AI capped at a minima.   Between DCA, IAD, and BWI its probably one of the most congested airspace next to NYC, LA, and CHI.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png