Sign in to follow this  
whraven

ATC Forgets About Me

I've had this issue several times, but I'm new to Pilot2ATC, so I'm not certain whether it is a bug or just that I'm doing something wrong. There are two situations in which ATC stops responding.

One is just after they give me a vector ("turn heading 90"). Sometimes they ask me to expedite. I never hear from them again. If I fly that heading for 15 - 30 seconds, then turn back on course, they don't object, and seem to see me as I continue to get service.

The second is a bit more serious. After telling me to change center frequencies, my co-pilot responds, and I get the little musical tone, but ATC never responds after that. I notice that the frequency identification shown on com1 indicates a more distant center (in one case, it was, I think, Kansas City when it should have been Chicago center) with the same frequency (the frequency list shows several centers with the same frequency).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way I can get ATC to remember where I am and get be back on course or respond? I've tried manually switching frequencies but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

These are both bugs that should be improved in the next update. 

On the second one, sometimes the copilot is making the call before the frequencies are actually changed completely.  You can try doing the initial call again after swapping frequencies. 

Dave

I have tried that, and tried manually switching, position reports, and the like. Didn't resolve the issue.

New information: last night I flew on, and after about an hour, it suddenly unblocked. About a dozen ATC messages, all in a row, then the co-pilot responses, again all in a row, along with several frequency changes, all automated, and then ATC went on as normal. Weird.

I confirmed it. I had the same thing happen. It stopped responding so I continued my flight assuming it crashed, then I received a dozen messages in a row.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have done several flights and I never managed to have one with a consistent ATC.

It keeps forgeting me and I always have to play with some report message or request last transmission to try to wake it up. It does not always succeed.

I still have 5 days in my trial version and I really would like to purchase a solution providing a good ATC coverage but there I do not feel I can spend my money for the current version which has all these bugs.

I know some fixes are planned but when will they be released? Will it be soon enough so I can test them before having to purchase it?

Picos