Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

X-Plane PB16 improvements

Some shots of the latest X-Plane beta improvements. Everything is 100% default X-Plane.

New autogen models for European medium-height buildings

CirrusSF50_22.jpg

CirrusSF50_19.jpg

Cockpit shadows are less blocky

b738_59.jpg

Cessna_172SP_48.jpg

Sky banding is much improved

Cessna_172SP_52.jpg

CirrusSF50_23.jpg

Moon and stars are back

Cessna_172SP_54.jpg

Cessna_172SP_56.jpg

• Upvote 11

L@@king Great!!:biggrin:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

So I heard unconfirmed reports that they were working with height data, so this is good.  Is that the moon I see?  Do you have HDR active in the settings?  If so, this is a good thing too.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Lookin great! which area in Europe is the 1st and 2nd screenshots?

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

So I heard unconfirmed reports that they were working with height data, so this is good.  Is that the moon I see?  Do you have HDR active in the settings?  If so, this is a good thing too.

The screenshots show the updated global scenery (see here) which includes height data. HDR was active too.

9 minutes ago, pilot83 said:

Lookin great! which area in Europe is the 1st and 2nd screenshots?

Both are from somewhere over Berlin.

To quote 2001/2010 the motion picture;   "My God... It's full of stars!"

The lack of stars and moon was really driving me nuts.  So glad they fixed it finally!@

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for showing the improvements!

This may sound petty, but since I'm not at my sim right now, could someone do a quick flight, over an area of complete darkness (no light pollution), and see if the stars are brighter?  I'm just curious if this is taken into account by LR.  I know with a Lua fix I recently installed, the moon shows up as well as the stars, but this is an external fix, and not something that LR had done (up until now), so it would be nice to see if there is improvement in this area. 

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I hope they will work on the world landmarks like the Fernsehturm Berlin, Kremlin, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Wembley stadium, Tower Bridge, Parliament Palace London, Amsterdam ArenA, Eiffel Tower, Famiglia Sagrada Barcelona, St. Peter Church Rome, ... come on guys. It is the superb cherry on the freakin PIE!!!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

15 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

I hope they will work on the world landmarks like the Fernsehturm Berlin, Kremlin, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Wembley stadium, Tower Bridge, Parliament Palace London, Amsterdam ArenA, Eiffel Tower, Famiglia Sagrada Barcelona, St. Peter Church Rome, ... come on guys. It is the superb cherry on the freakin PIE!!!

Well if LR doesn't include those, there is still always this: http://simheaven.com/?page_id=3260 :cool:

This some amazing stuff here!

Great shots from a very, very good looking version of XP11!

:smile:

10 hours ago, Kuragiman said:

To quote 2001/2010 the motion picture;   "My God... It's full of stars!"

The lack of stars and moon was really driving me nuts.  So glad they fixed it finally!@

I wish I could fix my XP10, where the stars appear kind of blurry, in kind of like a "heat wave" effect...