Sign in to follow this  
usflyer

Prepar3D V3.4 malformed XML file?

Hey all

Shortly after installing Majestic Q400, I got this message (first about VTBD scenery, then about scenery in general) that "Default.fxml failed to load. This could be due to a malformed XML file."   I'm no computer expert, and P3DV3.4 was running great up until now.  I have numerous add-ons including ORBX Global, Base, 3rd party airports, GSX etc.  I run Active Sky Next with Rex4 textures .... I have no idea what this message means but the scenario now starts at 0/0 lat & long with no aircraft defaulted ...and changing to any airport does nothing.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Hello Steve

It appears your Default.fxml file is corrupt 

Locate and Delete these 2 files below,  They will Generate again when you launch Prepar3D 

Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx 

Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

You will need to Insure the box is Ticked for Show hidden files, folders and drives to find this folder path 

Launch Prepar3D and test