Sign in to follow this  
pete_agreatguy

Replacement "simroutes" Free Route Planner please

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I looked at Simbrief and it is a very nicely done application - the only thing that is obviously missing is the ability to add or modify aircraft profiles... The requests for same go unanswered in their forum - as well as PM's to the admin (I tried as I had all a specific aircrafts performance data in hand)... It seems good if they have your aircraft profile - not so much if not...

Personally - I now use a combination of Little Navmap plus FltPlan.com to generate flight plans based on real world flights... Both are free... FltpPlan.com provides the real world aircraft performance and real world routes - Little Navmap takes that information and generates the necessary files needed for - in my case - P3D...

One of Little Navmap's best features is it can read your scenery.cfg and database all your installed airports - so when planning flights you can choose to graphically display only those improved airports you actually have installed on the included map - if so desired...

If you happen to live in North America and have a tablet - FltPlan.com also has a full blown FREE tablet app called "FltPlan GO" (apple, android, windows) Electronic Flight Bag that includes your typical moving map software with connections to flight simulator (FSX/P3D/XP) and is the only source in the world that I'm aware of that offers FREE geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams...

https://fltplan.com/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/495746-little-navmap/

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 3/24/2017 at 10:31 AM, Bsal said:

The best freeware planner is simbrief, it's as good as the payware PFPX in my opinion

https://www.simbrief.com/home/?page=home

Another vote for Simbrief.  

No GA in the aircraft profiles, but a lot of features plus support for Navigraph, ability to export flight plan formats for the most popular aircraft and apps, fuel planning, etc.

I usually grab a flight from www.flightaware.com, copy the route and other details to Simbrief to build a real world flight.

Regardless of the aircraft type I'll also export a copy of the flight plan in FSX format for use with AS016 and LittleNavMap.

Ernie 

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Simroutes is currently dead. I do hope it returns. 

DJ

3 minutes ago, ubersu said:

Simbrief is currently dead. I do hope it returns. Please go to the site and write a note to Ian via the link he provides to express your support.

DJ

Sent a message to him this morning.

I've tried that simbrief and it is good except that it doesn't include the 1703 navdata cycle for FREE. Granted 1603 is backward compatible (somewhat) but I prefer using the onlineflightplanner.org web site for now :)

1 hour ago, pete_agreatguy said:

I've tried that simbrief and it is good except that it doesn't include the 1703 navdata cycle for FREE.

If you already have the Navigraph subscription for 1703, you could just download the one for Simbrief and enter the code for it when you're on Simbrief.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

4 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

If you already have the Navigraph subscription for 1703, you could just download the one for Simbrief and enter the code for it when you're on Simbrief.

If you have a Navigraph active subscription all you need do is login to Simbrief, go to "update AIRAC"  and click to switch to the current AIRAC. The new system will recognize you without entering anything else as long as you entered the same email when you registered.

DJ

11 hours ago, ubersu said:

If you have a Navigraph active subscription all you need do is login to Simbrief, go to "update AIRAC"  and click to switch to the current AIRAC. The new system will recognize you without entering anything else as long as you entered the same email when you registered.

Something must have changed recently, then, since I remember you needed to enter a key code to unlock it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Excellent flight planning ( free !!! ) suggestions in this thread !

Thx for sharing guys!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...