Sign in to follow this  
Mr_AaronC

I Accidently Uninstalled Simconnect - SOLVED!

Hi all,

I was clearing out some progframes from the control panel and I accidently uninstalled a programe called 'simconect.' I've tried re-installing it from FSDreamTeam and the P3D redist folder but when I check my programe list it only says "Microsoft Flight Simulator Simconnect Client Version (and three different versions.) As before it just said 'Simconnect' on the programme list. I'm unable to fly as my throttle on my joystick doesn't work as a result of uninstalling simconnect. Is there any way to get it back? I've already tried reseting my pc and reinstalling p3d but no luck there either. 

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Edited by n4gix
Marked Solved

5 minutes ago, Mr_AaronC said:

I'm unable to fly as my throttle on my joystick doesn't work as a result of uninstalling simconnect.

This is a new one for me... a controller using simconnect?  Normally controllers connect directly to P3D via the DirectX protocol or through FSUIPC which offers a variety of solutions but not involving simconnect. Describe you equipment and configuration.

Running the P3D redist folder simconnect msi installers works, as shown on the program list. Before may have had just one installed, which is the one installed by default by the P3D installer. The others might be useful for some addons.  FSDT installers do not install a simconnect module.

Focus on your controller issue and move on from your little faux pas with simconnect.

Dan Downs KCRP

Check the P3D Controller Axis assignments for your to make sure your joystick throttle is still assigned to the simulator throttle axis. I had a P3D crash a few weeks ago that (for no reason that I can fathom), wiped out several of my axis assignments and reset the controller sensitivities and deadzone settings.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

45 minutes ago, downscc said:

This is a new one for me... a controller using simconnect?  Normally controllers connect directly to P3D via the DirectX protocol or through FSUIPC which offers a variety of solutions but not involving simconnect. Describe you equipment and configuration.

Running the P3D redist folder simconnect msi installers works, as shown on the program list. Before may have had just one installed, which is the one installed by default by the P3D installer. The others might be useful for some addons.  FSDT installers do not install a simconnect module.

Focus on your controller issue and move on from your little faux pas with simconnect.

Well when I fist installed P3D at christmas, my throttle didn't work then and after I downloaded Simconnect it worked. It's deffinatley a simconnect problem. And I've tried installing all of the .msi files from the redist folder. 

Im using a Black widdow joystick. It has only stopped working after I uninstalled simconnect. 

Just now, odourboy said:

Check the P3D Controller Axis assignments for your to make sure your joystick throttle is still assigned to the simulator throttle axis. I had a P3D crash a few weeks ago that (for no reason that I can fathom), wiped out several of my axis assignments and reset the controller sensitivities and deadzone settings.

Already have. This problem only started when I uninstalled Simconnect. 

6 minutes ago, odourboy said:

INFACT THANK YOU SO MUCH! It worked. 

6 minutes ago, Mr_AaronC said:

Already have. This problem only started when I uninstalled Simconnect. 

I was postulating that perhaps P3D reset your assignments when you uninstalled simconnect, but did not automatically add them back when you re-installed.

EDIT - Great news!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)