Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

FSX 3rd Party Interactive Checklist

Does anyone know if there is such a utility as an interactive checklist for FSX where one could enter all appropriate data from the aircraft manual and allow checking off during the process?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Could that info be added onto the kneepad?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

Does anyone know if there is such a utility as an interactive checklist for FSX where one could enter all appropriate data from the aircraft manual and allow checking off during the process?

The only one I know of is FDC Live Cockpit - http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/fdc_live_cockpit.htm. There's also a video on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJC_PNBcHSo. I don't have it so can't comment on how well it works.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Can you tell us what aircraft you're asking about?  Default Cessna 182, the Default Baron, Default 737 or Airbus, or one of the third party payware aircraft?

Are you looking for something AI, and if so are you looking to have the checklist read to  you and you do the actions, or are you looking for you to interact directly with the AI via speaking to it?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you tell us what aircraft you're asking about?  Default Cessna 182, the Default Baron, Default 737 or Airbus, or one of the third party payware aircraft?

Are you looking for something AI, and if so are you looking to have the checklist read to  you and you do the actions, or are you looking for you to interact directly with the AI via speaking to it?

My interest is any and all GA aircraft - C172, C182, C337, Piper Aztec, Beech Bonanza, etc.

No I do not need audible, what I would like is a pop-up checklist that as you go through it you can check off the items. I know that some of A2A aircraft have that but so far I have not purchased any A2A, I seem to have acquired a number of Carenado product.

Regards, Dane

The freeware Piaggio Avanti which I have has a pop-up checklist which covers all aspects of flight. It even has a tab to turn the aircraft cold & dark. Obviously this is only for the Avanti though. (Mario Noriega's wonderful freeware version). 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Donno if there is a specific utility which would do what you want exactly, but MCE will let you create and run through interctive checklists with a virtual co-pilot, so that might be worth a look.

Free demo of it available to see if it floats your boat: http://www.multicrewxp.com/

Recent JF GA singles, including their Socata TB Trinidad/Tobago and their Piper Pa-28 Arrow III both do that in a very comprehensive way. Pretty sure the FSW Cessna 441 Conquest II does a bit of checklist stuff as well. The Aerosoft Dimona does that too in an almost obsessively detailed manner - it even lets you change the type of oil you can put in the thing and clean dirt out of the pitot tube etc, really amazingly detailed if you like all that stuff. Most A2A aeroplanes do that sort of thing as well, and that would include a few GA aeroplanes.

Of course you could print off the kneeboard checklist (most FS aeroplanes have one), or knock one up yourself in Word, laminate it and then you could use a water-based pen on it and do it for real. That'd get some looks of your other half lol

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks to all for your input - much appreciated...

Regards, Dane

Regards, Dane

I'm interested too, does anyone know which addon checklist is it displayed at 0:18 here:

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

On 8/14/2019 at 2:34 PM, riccardo74 said:

I'm interested too, does anyone know which addon checklist is it displayed at 0:18 here:

Why don’t you ask Ed, it’s his video and he’s a member here. It’s probably something he made on his own. Below is one of his latest topics. You could send him a PM.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator