Sign in to follow this  
jcpg

Airport Vehicles and jetways.

Hi there,

My airports in FSX are showing black vehicles and jetways. Is there a way to fix this? I got a file fsx_veh but there is no explanation as to how to install it.  What's the best thing to do?    Any help?

Thanks in advance.

John Goncalves.

Hi there,

Come on you guys in the know, there must be a way to repair this. Assistance, please. Black vehicles and jetways is very unpleasant in the sim context.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a lot of .dds files called Veh_AIR_ etc in your FSX/scenery/global/texture folder or isn't there anything? all the textures for the airport vehicles should be there, if not that could explain why you see them all black ( this means missing textures ) . What is that FSX_veh file you have? did you delete some files?

Herman

http://www.fs2000.org/2013/07/18/fsx-hsbc-replacement-jetway-textures-2/

These are replacement jetway textures.  I have them and it looks way better than the original. You are just replacing 2 default jetway.dds in the Scenery/Global/texture folder.  That should fix the jetways. Is your Scenery Complexity slider maxed out?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.  

Herman, by checking the path you mentioned, FSX/Scenery/Global/Texture, I discovered that the Texture file somehow was named 'Texture 333'.  I realized that FSX wasn't picking it up. So that was my problem. I thank you indeed. Now jetways and vehicles are looking nice again. I never purposely renamed the file with the extra 333. But that was the reason why.

Charliearon I'll try later that link for the new jetways and vehicles. Thanks for your assistance this time again.

If you know FSX inside and out your help can be great.

Cheers.