Sign in to follow this  
OfficialLiovo

Default Fueling

Hey,

I've recently been doing IRL flights (and FPL's), and I've realized that fuel for me is a huge problem. On most fuel planners, and FPL's, it comes up with one fuel number (block fuel). However, I've realized that as I'm using default FSX fuel loader, you have to load up a certain amount of fuel in each tank. However, let's say the aircraft that I am using has 8 tanks. You can't just divide the block fuel by eight, as each tank has a different capacity. Is there any way to find a way to load the correct amount of fuel into the aircraft?

Signed,

Jacob Passam

I find, even with multiple tanks, that loading certain but equal percentages per tank works pretty well.

It will amount to different number of lbs. of fuel for each individual tanks and keeps

the center of gravity where it needs to be.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

34 minutes ago, OfficialLiovo said:

I don't get what you're saying. :D

My fuel load section is calibrated in percentages per tank.  For example in the 737 that has 3 tanks, I load 50% in each tank and then read what the amount is in lbs.  You can also put a check mark in the gals. box and read how many gallons instead of lbs.  I never really try to be 100% exact on my fuel load, rather just trying to keep from running out.

A typical 1 hour and 15 minute flight KSFO-KSAN, I usually use 30% full for each tank on a 737-800 and normally land with about 18% still left in each....Plenty of reserve.

Maybe Google searching the aircraft you are flying might result in a fuel table that can be use.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Normally you fuel the wing tanks first and if they are full then start with the center tanks, as far as I learnt in the past this is done in real live to since the wing tanks don't influence the CGT point that much. Offcourse you have to put the fuel switches accordingly in the cockpit.

Herman

Just make sure your different tank quantities add up to the block fuel number ;).  Say, for example you need 130000 lb of fuel in your generic airliner whatever it may be. The wings can only hold 50000 each, so that's 100% in both wings, then 30000 lb in the centre tank. If the centre tank holds 60000 lb at 100% then you just need 50% fuel in the centre tank.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)