Sign in to follow this  
markhewitt

G1000 Crash when Direct TO or Flight Plan Entry

I just installed the G1000 into the stock aircraft, and it works fine until I type in a direct to waypoint or create a flight plan.  FSX Steam stops working and crashes to desktop.  Does this for any aircraft with Mindstar G1000.  I sunk another $40 into a RealNavData update with the same results. 

FSX Steam, Windows 10/64 bit, AMD processor.

Did you, by chance, install updates to the core sim navaid BGLs?  Also, you are running the latest downloaded from our page?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi,

Yes, I do update the FSX waypoint/naviad database every several months. Also lots of megascenery.   I do have the latest mindstar as of a couple days ago. 

Thanks.

mark

Updating the default navdata scenery is the source of the crashing.  There is something about the files that does not return information properly.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, so here is my progress.

1.  I reloaded all 11GB of default scenery: Same problem, crash after activating direct to airport.

2. I uninstalled/reinstalled Mindstar g1000 :  Same problem

3. Updated FSUIPC to latest version:  Same problem

4. Started logging events.  Last event before crash references ".PLN "  Something to do with flight plan formats?

Ok... disable FSUiPC from loading and see if you still get the crash.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Success!  Disabling FSUIPC resolved the problem.   Anyway to make them work together?  Is it because the simconnect isn't connecting?

Anyway, it works for now. 

No... it's something FSUIPC is trying to get hold of that isn't defined correctly and crashes everything.  So... add this to your FSUIPC.ini file, should fix it:

ProvideAIdata= Yes
	ProvideAIairports= No

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69