Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Only seeing XP11 on a curved screen with FlyInside for XP

May be a while for a FI moderator to approve my post there and then even longer to get an answer.

FI with P3D is working perfect, I bought the full program.

But with the XP demo in XP11 I see a curved screen in front of me, I am not in the cockpit.

I am sure I am missing a setting but cannot find it, please help me get into the VR VC. Thank you.

I am going to put this in the VR forum also.

Aaron Tirrell

I am seeing the start up menu with the desktop on the right and the status (I guess) of the sim on the left, even after a flight loads and is in the VC, the status on the left still says "Ensure flight is loaded and you are in VC mode" or something like that.

I went into all of the XP11 menus, and in the graphics section it was in Forward view with 3d panels or whatever.

The field of view had the regular, and also a vertical, I reset it and it went to only the horizontal or lateral, just the one with no vertical.

I looked into my headset at one point and I was there finally, but not in the plane I wanted, I changed the plane and was never able to get into VR mode inside the VC again, and I noticed everytime I try to reset the field of view settings it is always at the 2 different FOV when I reopen the settings, so I guess that had nothing to do with it.

Flyinside does show in the XP11 menu.

IIs there a guide anywhere on how to get it working.  It worked, I sat there in the taildragger and looked all around, I changed to the 172 and was back in the start menu looking at XP11 on a small flat screen on the right, and on a big curved screen (In 2d) if I click on the screen.

Please help.

Aaron Tirrell

FlyInside for XP is a bugged mess in its current state, I wouldn't put too much effort in it.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, frontendrob said:

FlyInside for XP is a bugged mess in its current state, I wouldn't put too much effort in it.

That's a harsh statement mate.It works fine for me!

16 hours ago, caaront said:

I am seeing the start up menu with the desktop on the right and the status (I guess) of the sim on the left, even after a flight loads and is in the VC, the status on the left still says "Ensure flight is loaded and you are in VC mode" or something like that.

I went into all of the XP11 menus, and in the graphics section it was in Forward view with 3d panels or whatever.

The field of view had the regular, and also a vertical, I reset it and it went to only the horizontal or lateral, just the one with no vertical.

I looked into my headset at one point and I was there finally, but not in the plane I wanted, I changed the plane and was never able to get into VR mode inside the VC again, and I noticed everytime I try to reset the field of view settings it is always at the 2 different FOV when I reopen the settings, so I guess that had nothing to do with it.

Flyinside does show in the XP11 menu.

IIs there a guide anywhere on how to get it working.  It worked, I sat there in the taildragger and looked all around, I changed to the 172 and was back in the start menu looking at XP11 on a small flat screen on the right, and on a big curved screen (In 2d) if I click on the screen.

Please help.

Lower your settings to the minimum and work up from there.

I lowered the one graphics setting to HDR and scattered , and noi clouds, on some more detasiled AC and it works flawlessly.

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell