Sign in to follow this  
Kerrydancer

MD-11 flightpath

Hi,

I recently noticed that my PMDG MD-11 always follows a path about 5 or 6 miles to the left of the intended flightpath as viewed on the navigation display.

When in flight this isn't a big problem, but when flying an ILS, I can see the runway way off to trhe right, and each time have to take manual control for landing.

Does anyone know the cause of this, and is there a solution.

Ron

It's frequently caused by an outdated world magnetic declination file. Try going to Herve Sors's site and getting and installing the latest magdec.bgl file and see if that helps. I run the MD-11 in both FS9 and FSX and don't see the same problem you mention.

David Jones

Go here and download the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Right click and run as Admin, point it to your FSX.exe location and you should be golden!

The problem your are describing happens because the MD-11 sometimes does not have the proper path to FSX in the registry and thus it can't read the magdec.bgl.

• Upvote 1

Use he Registry tool.  I have never updated the Magdec and don't have this issue. The only time I've seen this the Flight1 registry tool fixed it right up.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

You get this misalignment if:

1. the registry path to the sim is not correct. A correct path is required to find the macdec.bgl (magnetic variation). This can be fixed by the flight1 repair tool.

2. you use PMDG MD11 not in FSX but in P3D. The PMDG MD11.DLL checks the major version number of the fsx.exe file. If it is not "10" (fsx.exe) but e.g. "3" (prepar3d.exe), you will also get a misalignment.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR