Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

FSCLOUD... what a clunky mess!

Hello!

Recently I discovered FSCLOUDS and wondered why I dont tried it much earlier. It seemed to have a nice touch of flying online but without the strict rules like VATSIM and IVAO... I thought I can enjoy easy online flying.

But why they have at least 3 different clients on the start page? Please have a look: http://81.169.250.232 

Nothing is explained, which client do I need for what?? With the first one (FSCLOUD) I was able to go online... I think. But with this one I was unable to setup a flightplan. I downloaded the next one (smartCARS), it is a nearly like the first one, but also no flightplan... Here I tried to register at the forums for info... never recieved a code via email for activating acount (tried 2 email adresses). Then I googled for info, found a beta client I think... with this I can search and setup a flight but I am unable to start it...... everthing deinstalled and wondering how anyone is able to fly with this weird system??? But hey, the homepage looks modern ^^

If anyone is able to explain me a bit how this is working I would be happy! Maybe I am too dumb to understand this... 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Not sure what your talking about but I have used FSCloud for a couple of years. Just down load it and run the exe  it will ask you for a user name  or call sign  put that in and it will connect for yu  It is simply a moving map and shows where you are in relation to other places .You have to have your simulator running before bringing it up and I am using FSX Steam and I keep getting the notice that I don't have SP1 or Sp2 installed but I do and it still works for me .When you bring it up click on Map  then you will see an arrow in the top left  click on that then on navigation  then check the two boxes  FLP text  and a box will open at the right bottom  double click in this box and put your plan in there if you want  , you really don't have to ,then click on change in that box and your flight plan will have been summited . Now check off the Draw FLP and it will say "please wait"  (very polite ) and then you will see your flight plan on the map ..  Uncheck the FLP Test box  and click the big arrow facing left and that box will disappear   Fly your plan  

at the end of your flight it will give you a record of your flight and your landing rate  ..

Hope this helps  I am a bit late seeing this though  probably you have moved on to something else