Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

N451PA Repaint - Hydraulic Pump 1

Currently sat on the flight deck on N451PA, a Polar DHL repaint, and I think there is something funny going on with HYD PUMP 1, it shows AUX as a switch item but you can't activate it.  If you go to the FMC to check the aircraft options it shows (on page 13) NO against HYD1 AUX PUMP INSTALLED... 

Perhaps an error in the repaint?  Not sure.

Cheers

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

It does yes, I was just letting PMDG know, I assume it's an oversight in the repaint configuration, nothing more.  I just wanted to report it,

Craig Read, EGLL

9 hours ago, craig_read said:

I was just letting PMDG know

Letting us know via the community support forum that is specifically for user-to-user, unofficial support?

...and not the official support.precisionmanuals.com avenue? 

Kyle Rodgers

I felt that my post was in the spirit of point 9 of the guidelines, it's not a criticism just an observed item (unsure it warranted a support ticket).

9) The PMDG Team reads the vast majority of posts in this forum, particularly as they relate to problems users experience with our software While we often do not respond to all posts, you can help us to improve our products by being detailed and honest about problems you might see.

I saw it, I mentioned it.. if you disagree with the approach, feel free to delete the post, I have no ego to bruise.

Cheers

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

1 hour ago, craig_read said:

I saw it, I mentioned it.. if you disagree with the approach, feel free to delete the post, I have no ego to bruise.

There's nothing wrong with the post here, per se. It's clearly not in violation of the rules.

My point was that you have two options:

1. Coming to us through the official avenue and guaranteeing that your issue is seen by one of us; or
  2. Posting here and hoping one of us happens by it.

It's akin to being at an airport and having feedback for an airline. Do you:

1. Start discussing it with the passengers around you in the boarding area, and hope someone from the company happens to walk by and inquire; or
  2. Go directly to the desk meant to handle customer issues and feedback?

This isn't an issue of "this isn't allowed in the forum." This is an issue of doing the most logical thing for the issue at hand. The very quote you've included here specifically mentions that we may not even happen across something. The most logical option for reporting something to us is the queue. It goes directly to us, it's guaranteed to be seen, and it's the official way to get in contact with us.

I could stand in front of the US Capitol later today and shout at the top of my lungs about an issue I care passionately about. It's right down the street. Is that the most logical and effective choice, however? No.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I could stand in front of the US Capitol later today and shout at the top of my lungs about an issue I care passionately about.

I'm trying to picture this one in my head for some reason.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.