Sign in to follow this  

P3D vs FSX Graphics Query

Hi Paul,

Ummm, that looks great, and if you have a dedicated FS area, all fine. But, I need to share my space with my office work as well, 2 x 24" screens just fit. Maybe with a squeeze, 1x24" and 1x32", though, the 32" screen will throw the office look and feel out of wack. A 40" screen will take over my office desk...

The 40" 4k tv screens in Aussie are very expensive compared with the US. El cheapo is AUD$700, LG is $1,650. 

Geoff Bryce

I figured since the TV's are made in China, and you are closer to China than I am, the TV's will be cheaper.  Most 40" UHD 4k tv's here in the US run US$400 which is AUD$520.  I think Sean C wanted a photo to see how it fits.  So I experimented a bit, 55" was too big, 40" for me seemed the best size.  Plus, (someone correct me), but the bigger you get - the more of a hit on FPS you take.

Paul Gugliotta

31 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

I figured since the TV's are made in China, and you are closer to China than I am, the TV's will be cheaper.  Most 40" UHD 4k tv's here in the US run US$400 which is AUD$520.  I think Sean C wanted a photo to see how it fits.  So I experimented a bit, 55" was too big, 40" for me seemed the best size.  Plus, (someone correct me), but the bigger you get - the more of a hit on FPS you take.

No, in Aussie, there is no real competition for anything and because we are so far away from most places, a pretty captive market, and our prices are amongst the highest cost in the world. What "competition" there is, I think most of the players work out what they will charge, and other suppliers fall into line and sort of share the pickings. The US is 110 v, we being 240v, stops us from bringing electrical stuff back from the US.

Geoff Bryce

Damn.  I got to get back to Australia.  I visited there a few years ago and loved it.

Paul Gugliotta