Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

VATSIM - Cross the Pond - P3D success reports?

Hello to all!

Today (March 25), VATSIM had their biannual "Croos the Pond" event, this time westbound.

Given the reports that some folks were experiencing crashes of P3D after long periods of flight, I thought that I would start this topic, so that pilots who flew the P3D B744 v3  in this event, can report on their experiences.

Hopefully most of the reports will be positive, however, for those who had issues, maybe thay can share them so that the rest of us can learn.

Regards,

Roberto

PS: I, unfortunately, was not able to participate but managed to sneak a short Montreal-Toronto flight on the B738 and enjoyed the many many controllers along the short route.

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

yes ctd on descent into kbos when resizing nd panel after 7 hours. lucky i saved flight and was able to continue.

i am sure i read a thread concerning pop up panels causing others problems too.

regards, graeme crawford

No issues here. Landed with 1.5 gig of ram remaining.  Wonderful flight and great controllers all the way.  Flew Orbx Essa to default kbos which is probably why vas was great. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yeah and I was flying beside you all the way as baw215B no vas issues either. I still had 1.1 g left.  very annoying  prd3 problem I beleive .

regards, graeme crawford

Great CTP, all stations very really professional in face of really dense traffic.

As for the topic: I have no VAS issues at all with the 747 in P3D 3.4. I am in fact really impressed by how stable it is. VAS was consistently at 1.3 GB remaining throughout the entire 8.5 hours flight. It looks like LM was able to fix every memory leak in the original FSX code.

Peter

I departure from ESSA to CYYZ with PMDG 747V3. Everything goes well at the beginning. After 8 hours of flight, I pop-out PFD, then  the Prepar3d crashed. Error module is Kernelbase.dll. Then I recovered my flight. By the time I had landed and entered the ramp at CYYZ, my Prepar3d was running out of memory and crashed again..