Sign in to follow this  
Texmax

No Weather Radar

After reinstall from boxed version 737-800,900 and update from Aerosoft I get nothing when pressing WX or Test. AV was off during install and update and I show current version in the OC. I have searched this forum and Googled and Binged but can't seem to find the fix. Works fine on 777 and 747. Any help is greatly appreciated.

After reinstall of the NGX, you may have to run the ASConnect installation again.  You didn't mention if you were using FSX or P3D, regardless if you go to the appropriate folder under Programs(x86)\HiFi you should find the installer. Run it with the simulator NOT running and see if that helps.  Works fine on 777 and 747 then there are not many things to go wrong.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan. Thanks for your quick response. FSX by the way. Ran ASConnect for AS16. On Southwest livery I get nothing as before. However on PMDG livery when I press WX I get range rings with no WX -2A on display?

Range rings are a company option, set in the CDU PMDG Options Aircraft Display I believe.

Are you sure there is precipitation for the radar to render?  Radar doesn't reveal clouds, only water droplets.

Dan Downs KCRP

Totally understand the WX radar. No precip so don't expect returns.  I should get WX +2A on display when WX button is pressed. Should also get the "Monitor Radar Display - Go Around" when Test is pressed on WX control Panel. Not bragging or anything but I

Whoops. Understand A/C systems A&P mech. on Gulfstreams and widebodys for years. Just don't understand some computer probs. Been simming for years and read forums before posting but this one has me stumped.

Look at AS16, it should say connected to simulator.  It is working with PMDG house livery but not SWA.  At that point I would load a custom weather scene with AS16 forcing thunderstorms and heavy rain to see what happens.  The only thing that the livery brings to the table are the company settings in the aircraft options.

Being curios, I loaded my B737-700 N940WN SWA on the runway and set the local METAR to +RA heavy rain and I am seeing no range rings, autotilt is +4A and precip is rendered.  Maybe you have a bad panel state?

Dan Downs KCRP

20 hours ago, Texmax said:

After reinstall from boxed version 737-800,900 and update from Aerosoft

I think this is where your problem lies, if I'm reading it right. Once you get the update from Aerosoft, you need to completely uninstall the NGX through add/remove programs and only install the downloaded file.

Walter Meier

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Look at AS16, it should say connected to simulator.  It is working with PMDG house livery but not SWA.  At that point I would load a custom weather scene with AS16 forcing thunderstorms and heavy rain to see what happens.  The only thing that the livery brings to the table are the company settings in the aircraft options.

Being curios, I loaded my B737-700 N940WN SWA on the runway and set the local METAR to +RA heavy rain and I am seeing no range rings, autotilt is +4A and precip is rendered.  Maybe you have a bad panel state?

Thanks Dan. Just loaded some precip in AS16 and no returns on radar. AS16 shows connected. Everything else works as advertised. I think I will try what Walter has suggested. I seem to remember reading something about that a while ago.

31 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

I think this is where your problem lies, if I'm reading it right. Once you get the update from Aerosoft, you need to completely uninstall the NGX through add/remove programs and only install the downloaded file.

So Walter are you saying I should not load the update on top of the CD install?

20 minutes ago, Texmax said:

So Walter are you saying I should not load the update on top of the CD install?

Correct, your CD is now nothing more than a decorative item:biggrin:. The download contains the full installer.

Walter Meier