Sign in to follow this  
DannyR

Firefighter X - Elevation Adjustment

A couple of us have been using FFX in multiplayer mode and have noticed a few things that need to be adjusted in the software:

1.  The elevation across sims (FSX and P3D) is not displayed at the same level.  Therefore, objects like aircraft are not displayed accurately as to their contact with the ground.

2.  We had multiple instances where helicopters were not displayed with their rotor systems not spinning.  Again, this was across sim platforms (FSX and P3D).

3.  We had multiple instances where after setting a specific model to display for one of the multiplayer aircraft, the model would change to the default after some period of time.

Hope this feedback is helpful.  We are enjoying FFX very much and look forward to future versions.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

Hello Danny,

1. Can't say that I have seen that before - you are the first customer to notice that in 18 months. We are always testing using different simulator flavors so it should have shown up I think. Is that with every aircraft or only some of them? Could you give me a specific example (simulators/location/aircraft models involved) so I can reproduce it?

In theory, if the two simulators have different mesh products or mesh resolution settings, then the ground would be depicted at different heights in both - while FFX always sends the "absolute" altitude. That would force the aircraft under or above the terrain.

2. If the engines can be started or not is inherent in the aircraft model. Some complex products don't react to the appropriate commands when they are created as AI objects, they only work when you load them as your own aircraft. Or are you saying that the same helicopter model was once depicted with rotor spinning and sometimes without? If these were standard payware helicopters I can probably check it out if you tell me the exact model - I have a lot of those.

3. Then that players network connection broke down and he was dropped from the server. In that instance the replaced model is lost, the application cannot be sure that a player connecting (again) has been there before. But I will see that I can do.

Incidentally, we had a long FFX networked session just yesterday with FSX, FSX:SE and P3D V3 involveld, all players using the Nemeth S64 - we did not encounter any of the problems you describe - so I am a little bit surprised.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the reply.  I will get the details you asked for on item 1 the next time I experience it.  The helicopter model that had the rotor issue was the Dodosim 206.  Once I changed the player's displayed model to the standard 206 the rotor system spun-up.  

Again, really enjoying the software and any comments made about issues are not meant to demean the product.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

Hello Danny,

About 1 - if you want, please use the "Contact us" form on the Lorby-SI website to contact me directly. I think it may be required to exchange quite a bit of information, that might get awkward in a forum.

2. Too bad, the Dodosim is one that I don't have. Can't say that I am surprised though, it is supposed to be pretty complex (meaning, the engine animation is probably coupled to some gauge/code - which is not there when the helicopter is created as AI). Would be interesting to check it out in AiTracker X, to see which system commands it reacts to - if at all. There are many complex aircraft that are immune to simulator commands when created as AI; it already is a stroke of luck if the doors work.

Best regards

LORBY-SI