Sign in to follow this  
John544

Unpin camera while flying outside

Is it possible to "unpin" the camera from the aircraft while flying outside? I have tried the gimbal control with limited success. It would be nice to roll the aeroplane and not have the camera dragged after it...very disorienting. The old camera package was not up to your excellent standard, but did allow this feature.

Thanks.

1. You want something similar to the default Spot View?
  2. You are running FSX or P3D?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for looking at my request.

Running FSX. The spot view (I think) has the aircraft fly past you. I was looking for a view where you flew with the aircraft, controlled it but it flew independent to the camera. In other words the camera was not pinned to the plane when it maneuvered. You could do that in the old FSX views.

If not, I am still more than happy with the product.

You can enable the Gimbal in the camera settings to simulate that behavior. It's not super smooth on FSX because of platform limitations but it's awesome in P3D.

Alternatively, you can use the default Spot-View system but you will not have smooth control of the camera like our custom camera modes.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I'm looking forward to aircraft "drift" during spot /  cinematic view.  Much more natural than an aircraft glued to your camera.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

4 hours ago, smoothchat said:

I'm looking forward to aircraft "drift" during spot /  cinematic view.  Much more natural than an aircraft glued to your camera.

You said it enough, we got the message, thank you.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven,

I love chaseplane, and I want it to be the best that it can be, (something that I'm sure we can mutually agree on ;-)

I have purchased CP, and in my quest for greater "immersion", I am a little reluctant to use it while my "other" addon still provides the drift feature.

I look forward to the day when I can cut over to chaseplane completely.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.