Sign in to follow this  
huppel69

Taking off IFR EHTE

Hi,

I'm really starting to like the program (and it's great support!).

Now I have a question: I want to take off from EHTE (uncontrolled) and I know that in reality you would get clearance by phone. I found a forum post mentioning this is simulated by getting clearance via nearby airportm, center or unicom. I tried a nearby airport but the clerance seemed to expect me to be on that airport (seen the expected runway), unicom is not listed for EHTE and I tried all Dutchmil and Amsterdam frequencies but they seem not be recognized by p2atc. How do I get the center frequency to request clearance to?

Best Marcel

Find a nearby Approach or Departure frequency, and request a frequency change to Center:

<CallSign> request frequency change to Center.

Then you should be able to get your clearance from center and they should tell you to let them know when you are number one for departure and ready for IFR Release.

Dave

Thanks, that worked! Got a frequency (just out of curiosity, where does it get the frequency from? I could not find that frequency somewhere on a map). Now what do I say when I'm ready to take off after being told to let them no I'm no 1? (tried different things among "ready for departure" but that did not work)

Thanks, Marcel

You tell  them you are ready for IFR Release.  If you're using SayIt to find the phrases, it's under Request->IFRRelease.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Tried that but that did not work as expected. When I'm ready to take off and report ready for IFR release I get an 'oudated flight plan' message. Tried a few times even reporting ready for IFR clearance immediately after receiving IFR clearance but that does not help.

Cannot try anymore as my demo period is now over. Still like the SW (and the great support!) so I'll probably buy a license soon  ;-)

File your flight plan and try again. beach Mike Foxtrot November
 Papa Hotel Mike Foxtrot November Ready for IFR Clearance to Echo L Hotel Lima;
Papa Hotel Mike Foxtrot November is cleared to Echo Delta Delta Lima as filed.  Expect departure runway Zero Eight.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Four Zero. Expect higher clearances Two minutes after departure.  Squawk Five Six One Five
~Papa Hotel Mike Foxtrot November is cleared to Echo Delta Delta Lima as filed.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Four Zero. Expect higher clearances Two minutes after departure.  Squawk Five Six One Five beach Mike Foxtrot November
 Papa Hotel Mike Foxtrot November is cleared to Echo Delta Delta Lima as filed Maintain Flight Level Zero Four Zero Expect higher clearances Two minutes after departure Squawk Five Six One Five beach Mike Foxtrot November;
beach Mike Foxtrot November Readback Correct.  Call for IFR Release when number one for departure.
 Papa Hotel Mike Foxtrot November Ready for IFR Clearance;
Papa Hotel Mike Foxtrot November your flight plan seems to be out of date. Please file a new one and call back for clearance.
File your flight plan and try again. beach Mike Foxtrot November

Marcel, you almost had it.  When number one, you asked for Clearance, which you had already received.  You have the clearance, but now you need to ask for IFR Release which tells ATC they need sequence you into traffic.  They will give you a window of about 10 minutes to get off and on your way.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks, it must have missunderstood me I now realise when I'm looking at the log indeed. Thanks, will get it right shortly!

Marcel