Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

Radar Contact V 4.3 Download Installation Problems

Hi there, Yesterday I paid for and downloaded the Radar Contact V 4.3 program, from the website http://www.jdtllc.com However when I tried to install it yesterday evening, it said that some of the files were corrupted in the File rcv43-1.bin Is that a mistake ?  Am I doing something wrong ? I downloaded the program with the Program "Internet Download Accelerator and made a backup copy, on my External Hardrive in case I lost the Files on my computer. Is the problem copy protection ? I.e.if you make a copy, the files are deliberately corrupted, so you can't just pass the program, onto someone else who hasn't paid for it ?  Any help and info someone could give me would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Eddie Winch

It must be a mistake as nothing is or usually causes anyone any trouble.Have you tried another download without your AV running?

Have you also tried running the exe  from the file which is shown on my system as RCV43 ?

All the files are ok.

Hi there,

Update :- 

I have managed to sort out the installation problem, for the above program I was having. I Deleted the original download .zip File. And I downloaded the Program again. Then this time I extracted the Files with Windows Explorer, rather than the other program I used last time. And now the installation program worked properly. So now I just need the Reg Key for the program. And I have emailed my ID details, to the official website to register the Program, as the Program says you should do, when you first start it. But I have not had a reply yet unfortunately.

Eddie Winch

It can take 24 to 48 hrs to receive your key, if not longer.  Also, I'd recommend editing your post to remove your product Id.  Someone can now easily use your data to obtain a lic....

Matt King

Thanks kingm56, for warning me about that, I have done what you say I should do accordingly. Gosh silly me, I can't believe I did that. Many thanks for your reply )) Eddie Winch

While you are waiting for your key I suggest you read the error 713 topic about missing dll error 13 topic pinned here. Also read the if you need help topic and the fsuipc setup topic.

If you don't receive your key soon send an email to dthompss@comcast.net with your email address at time of purchase together with the reg code and user name. Sometimes the purchase data does not get into the automatic system soon enough.

Be sure you set up shortcut to rcv4.exe and set the shortcut properties to run as admin. After the install is complete overwrite fsuipc in you modules program with the latest fsuipc from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

using the full version install for your FS version and then in your FS folder replace makerwys.exe with the latest version from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and then from within RC run the scenery rebuild again.

Just wondering,

What should the TCAS Range value, be changed to in the FSUIPC Program when using Radar Contact V4.3 ?

The default value is 40.

Hi Folks,

RE: Win10x64 RC4 Error 713

Out of the blue - after using RC4 for many many years on several machines - I just got my first ERROR 713 this weekend - - - coincidence ??? I read the old posts from JV and it didn't fix it for me...

I found the DLL was related to VB6 and I found a complete VB6 Runtime package over on Source Forge - which after installed - did - fix the issue for me...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vb6extendedruntime/

Strange - something change on an OS level recently ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott,

Windows Update seems the most likely cause.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Might have been a Win update or antivirus action. I'd keep those under control.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the info guys...

:)

Might want to save that file somewhere as it makes fixing the issue very easy...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I am just wondering, I am quite happy most of the time, to just view AI Traffic at Airports I have installed, i.e. using the freeware program TrafficViewBoard. Is it possible to use Radar Contact V4.3's ATC alone, for listening to and controlling AI Traffic, without flying ? It is apparently much more realistic than the default one ? FS2004's default ATC isn't effective for controlling my AI Traffic properly. AI Aircraft are disappearing at times, as commands are not given to some AI traffic, after a while and they fly on and on, before disappearing when they were on approach, i.e. being deleted by FS2004. Even when I am using AI Smooth V1.11 and AI Separation V1.1 in tandem with each other, using Dave Sheffield's recommended settings. And if it is possible, how should I go about setting up what I have said I would like to do ? Any help and info someone could give me would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Eddie Winch

RC is not really a passive monitoring program. RC does not control ai, just listens to what's going on when instructed to tune in. If you are just parked and don't request push back I do hear as I recall the current phase ground phase. You do have to load your flight plan as if you going to depart.

Remember, RC only monitors the frequency you have been instructed to tune for the current phase of flight.

In a separate window outside of FS you can run the free standalone application Traffic Look by fsuipc's developer Pete Dowson. It has the command line option to just monitor a single airport  or the area covered by fsuipc as designated in its fsuipc.ini file. I think the default is 40 nm. Documentation is in the fsuipc documentation folder within your modules folder. Traffic Look can go in any folder on the same drive as FS. It is a spreadsheet like table that you can switch between ground and air operations. It is here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Disappearing aircraft are time outs caused by stuck aircraft that either are an unresolved path conflict or are stalled on a taxiway with no place to park at an overloaded airport. That is controlled by FS itself. I use version 1.12 of aismooth, the last produced, to separate arrivals. You'll find it under the FSX utility section but it works with FS9 as well. The last version has complete documentation. It's database of airports has no utility to add airports. That would require database programming using an SQL database language program. It is not easy.

I use World Of AI flight plans and aircraft toi keep traffic to a more realistic volume and schedule. Using their package installer provides the ai models and traffic schedule for each airline you choose. I do not use any default FS air traffic. You may find it beneficial to reduce your percentage of trafiic but many traffic files are set for 90% or higher for traffic to appear.

http://www.world-of-ai.com/index.php

Grab the installer and then get the airlines you are interested in. Choose between FSX or FS9 files. The files are listed by cargo or passenger. Clicking the top of the column will sort the package table.

http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.php

http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

Hi ronzie,

Many thanks for your very helpful reply, I really do appreciate it. I am using AI Smooth V1.11 and AI Separation V1.1, together when running FS2004. With the recommended settings that Dave Sheffield has told people they should use, when running in tandem with each other. I will try AI Smooth V1.20 again with either your settings that you use on it's own, I refered to a while back, or with AI Separation with the above setup I mentioned. Interestingly the other day, I ran FS2004 at the same time Day Month and Airport, without running those two programs. And an AI Aircraft a Vueling Airlines A320, now didn't disappear on approach and landed at the Airport when before it was ? I can't remember which other AI Aircraft did or didn't disappear, but that is interesting in itself. But unfortunately without running AI Smooth V1.11 at least. obviously more go arounds resulted, and as is well known, AI Aircraft are deleted by the FS2004 Engine, if they are told to go around more than 3 times by the ATC. Why would without running AI Smooth and AI Separation, the Vueling Airline now land and not disappear on approach ? Does AI Smooth delete AI Aircraft sometimes ? And is there a way that can be prevented from happening ? i.e. modification of the program (if allowed) in some way ? I have alot of AI Traffic. But not too much I don't think, I have Ultimate Traffic installed. But I always carefully unselect the relevant Airlines when doing an "Ultimate Traffic" Traffic File compile, if I install a new package for the same Airline. Or if say two Airlines have merged, and I install the merged Airline package, i.e. un select the now defunct Airlines that merged to make the new Airline from the Ulitmate Traffic Airline Compile menu when Compiling, and also If an Airline has changed i.e. AIR 2000 became First Choice. I would unselect AIR 2000 from "Ulitmate Traffic" Traffic File compilation, before installing the First Choice AI Traffic package, which I have from WOAI. And the same applies with other Airlines. So I don't just overload FS2004 with Traffic I carefully manage it. Also this deletion of AI Aircraft on approach, happens even when I have disabled General Aviation Traffic. Any help and information you could give me would be much appreciated. I.e. could you suggest what I could edit in it's Schedule, to maybe prevent the disappearing from happening ? I have a version of the Freeware Program AI Flightplanner, which I use for editing AI Traffic Flightplans.

Best Regards Eddie Winch