Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staggerwing

Discovery Wings channel official response...

Guest christianholmes

Well, I got this in my inbox today:"We welcome all Discovery Wings viewers to join us when the Military Channel launches on January 10, 2005. While we deeply appreciate your loyalty to the network, we believe the transition to the Military Channel is a natural step in the evolution of Discovery Wings that will allow us to tell great stories through a much broader topic. You

Guest Staggerwing

Wingspan @ 6-7pm est is the only joy I find on the channel now... So far, they have not even sent me THAT reply.

"I really only watched "A plane is born", and "A chopper is born""Those were my most watched shows on Wings--although my five year old couldn't understand why I favored those shows over "Phil of the Future" :)-John

Yet another example of the 'Lunatics taking over the asylum' I fear. Nothing has changed, they don't listen to what people really want, they pay idiots fabulous sums of money to tell the program organisers what they THINK we want.Now then 'all back to standing on your heads'.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings':-bat

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hmm but the big problem with *all* the Discovery channels is that they show the same programs over and over and over and....ugh.(From someone who just unsubscribed to all satellite channels and now only watches the Swedish public service channels :-lol )

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Staggerwing

IMO, I don't think they expect anyone to watch for more than 2-3 hours at a time, and they program so that everyone gets to see the selections at different times of the day when they are able to tune in. Yes, also the lack of good GA shows being offered to them..They just don't know us addicted "Flying Fools" very well :-)

A Plane Is Born- I loved that show. A nice mix of building, flying, and some (cheap/corny?) humor mixed in. Jason

Guest christianholmes

See, Tivo was the best way to watch Wings. I have 20 or 30 hours still that I haven't watched. Just set it up to record anything I want to see.The Rotorway website says "A Chopper is Born" series will be released on DVD. Anyone seen it in stores, or on the web? I'd love to get that whole series.

Guest Staggerwing

>See, Tivo was the best way to watch Wings. I have 20 or 30>hours still that I haven't watched. Just set it up to record>anything I want to see.Does the Tivo have an "output" so you can save to a DVD or VHS recorder etc. Or would you have to use the TV connection ?And is it true... a Tivo will not work without the subscription to the service ? That is, you could not just use it as a "press to start" recorder and then transfer to CD or DVD ?>The Rotorway website says "A Chopper is Born" series will be>released on DVD. Anyone seen it in stores, or on the web? >I'd love to get that whole series.Not that I've seen in the US... seems to be available in the UK though. Along with all the other "is born" subjects.http://www.bulldog-sv.com/is-born-dvd.php