Sign in to follow this  
Conzy6

AI traffic issues

So i am currently using WOAI and AIFP side by side to create my AI traffic as its easier to add the 787 and A350 as well as creating my own flight plans. Anyway its taken me around 2 months to add what I have done and I really dont want to have to do an uninstall and start from scratch. When I used Ultimate traffic 2 I had my sliders set a max and had no issues like this. I'm not sure if I have missed something or not but all the traffic seems to be landing at the same time. (well 1 aircraft lands and about 8 go around) Anyway I have reduced my sliders to 15% and again still no luck. A lot of empty parking spaces and a ton of aircraft circling the airport. This is really wearing my patience thin so any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see the attached photo to see what I mean.

jpu3w4.png

Not sure if your still using UT2 or not, if you are, then make sure you untick any airlines you have as plans in UT2 created in  aifp or woai or they will show up as well.

I just stick with one,personally I only use aifp and aig plans.

There are plenty of sites to obtain the paints required

Pete Little

1 minute ago, mazelda said:

Not sure if your still using UT2 or not, if you are, then make sure you untick any airlines you have as plans in UT2 created in  aifp or woai or they will show up as well.

I just stick with one,personally I only use aifp and aig plans.

There are plenty of sites to obtain the paints required

I completely uninstalled ultimate traffic 2 and any folders left behind so not sure why this is happening tbh.

Do you have the same plans in both ai addons? Or are they all different.

Did you remove the entries for ut2 as well.

The picture would suggest that you have duplication,  or the plans in aifp are set to low

Can't suggest anything regarding woai as i don't use it.But its possible they use a similar setup for how mny ai to show

Pete Little

So you are just using the flight plans you created using AIFP? Did you only create flight plans for the A350 and B787 ONLY?  The reason I ask is that it appears in your picture that there are NO  A350 or B787 aircraft.  Since you uninstalled UT2 the planes are coming from some flight plans other then the ones you created with AIFP. I'll assume you created flight plans for other aircraft too, like for the ones showing up in your picture. It looks like some 777's, 757's and a few airbus aircraft also.  The problem is the flight plans you created have the aircraft arriving at the airport at CLOSE to the same time.  You would have to change the flight plan times to correct this issue. 

• Upvote 1

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

After reading Bill's post never thought to check

Are these plans you have created yourself or are they from aig or some other plan makers?

If they are ones you have made, then i agree with Bill.You may have set the arrival times too close together 

Pete Little

The 787's are already at gates, you wouldn't see them as this was taken facing the runway. I dont create any of my own flight plans, I use woai packages and then I download AIG and AIA flight plans from the Avsim Library, I then go on to download models and textures then using AIFP I put them all together. For example I downloaded Thomsons 787 model and texture from United Traffic team. I then downloaded the Thomson flight plan from Avsim Library and using AIFP i put them all together.

Hi Pete .... I've even found when using flight plans found online, such as AIG, that some are created using real world schedules. If this is the case the plans could also place too many aircraft, at the same airport, at close to the same time which would create the problem.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Hi all,

Something I came across making an AI package for FedEx recently was that if you use separate winter and summer timetables for the same airline then fsx will show double arrivals similar to your picture. This is because although fsx recognizes different days of the week it doesn't recognize the months or seasons. Not sure if this helps any, but something I discovered by accident.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

1 minute ago, Conzy6 said:

The 787's are already at gates, you wouldn't see them as this was taken facing the runway. I dont create any of my own flight plans, I use woai packages and then I download AIG and AIA flight plans from the Avsim Library, I then go on to download models and textures then using AIFP I put them all together. For example I downloaded Thomsons 787 model and texture from United Traffic team. I then downloaded the Thomson flight plan from Avsim Library and using AIFP i put them all together.

Hello Conzy6  ... Ok I got it. The flight plans that you are using, AIG and AIA, have the aircraft arriving at the airport too close to each other. See my above post to Pete. To fix the isssue you would have to reduce the number of flight plans, thus limiting the NUMBER of aircraft, or try to adjust the schedules (IE flight plans) so the aircraft arrival times are not so close to each other.

• Upvote 1

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Just now, stretch1365 said:

Hi all,

Something I came across making an AI package for FedEx recently was that if you use separate winter and summer timetables for the same airline then fsx will show double arrivals similar to your picture. This is because although fsx recognizes different days of the week it doesn't recognize the months or seasons. Not sure if this helps any, but something I discovered by accident.

Ahh I didn't know this. I always tend to use summer 2016 where I can find them but if not I do use Winter 2016. Maybe this might be causing it. The only thing I'm still sctraching my head about is when I posted on the Fly UK forums one of the members said to me to check to see if I had duplicate flight plans for the same airlines (which I did, about 2 actually) anyway my issue is its different airlines too close together. Say I could have a BA A320 and then 10 feet behind that would be a Croatia Airlines airbus.

2 minutes ago, bill10 said:

Hello Conzy6  ... Ok I got it. The flight plans that you are using, AIG and AIA, have the aircraft arriving at the airport too close to each other. See my above post to Pete. To fix the isssue you would have to reduce the number of flight plans, thus limiting the NUMBER of aircraft, or try to adjust the schedules (IE flight plans) so the aircraft arrival times are not so close to each other.

Hey Bill, When you say reduce the number of flight plans do you mean deleting individual plans from inside AIFP? :)

It doesn't matter if you use winter or summer timetables for different airlines. It only really becomes an issue if you use a winter and summer timetable for the same airline. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

1 minute ago, stretch1365 said:

It doesn't matter if you use winter or summer timetables for different airlines. It only really becomes an issue if you use a winter and summer timetable for the same airline. 

Ah ok, that doesn't apply to me in this case but thanks for letting me know for future reference :)

1 minute ago, Conzy6 said:

Hey Bill, When you say reduce the number of flight plans do you mean deleting individual plans from inside AIFP? :)

Yes you could try that. This would reduce the number of aircraft and MAY help with the issue. So instead of, lets say, 8 aircraft arriving at close to the same time you have 4. But the real problem is the aircraft are arriving at the airport to CLOSE to each others arrival times. If those 4 aircraft still arrive close to each other the go around problem will still occur. You need to space out the arrival times. This can be a tricky and laborious process, but that is the solution.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams