Sign in to follow this  
Conzy6

AI traffic issues

1 minute ago, bill10 said:

Yes you could try that. This would reduce the number of aircraft and MAY help with the issue. So instead of, lets say, 8 aircraft arriving at close to the same time you have 4. But the real problem is the aircraft are arriving at the airport to CLOSE to each others arrival times. If those 4 aircraft still arrive close to each other the go around problem will still occur. You need to space out the arrival times. This can be a tricky and laborious process, but that is the solution.

I get what you mean now, Good job I have a week off work :cool: *grabs coffee* 

Thanks for the help.

9 minutes ago, Conzy6 said:

I get what you mean now, Good job I have a week off work :cool: *grabs coffee* 

Thanks for the help.

Good luck!! Happy to help.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

38 minutes ago, bill10 said:

Hi Pete .... I've even found when using flight plans found online, such as AIG, that some are created using real world schedules. If this is the case the plans could also place too many aircraft, at the same airport, at close to the same time which would create the problem.

Hi Bill 

I had that problem a while back with an aig plan for BA, every stand at T5 EGLL

Was full ,ended up taking some of the 747 plans out  worked a treat

Rgds

Pete Little

Give the sim time to settle. When you first load a flight, the sim is attempting to load in ALL of the AI for the current time including a buffer or around =/-15 min.  You don't need to change the arrival times of the traffic at all, the sim just wasn't designed to run even 15 arrivals an hour. The plans from WoAI and AIG were carefully created for accuracy, there's no need go messing around with them. Also, when changing your traffic percentages, did you scramble the %'s in the plans in AIFP at all or are they are still defaulted to 1% in which case adjusting the traffic slider won't make any difference at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

48 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Give the sim time to settle. When you first load a flight, the sim is attempting to load in ALL of the AI for the current time including a buffer or around =/-15 min.  You don't need to change the arrival times of the traffic at all, the sim just wasn't designed to run even 15 arrivals an hour. The plans from WoAI and AIG were carefully created for accuracy, there's no need go messing around with them. Also, when changing your traffic percentages, did you scramble the %'s in the plans in AIFP at all or are they are still defaulted to 1% in which case adjusting the traffic slider won't make any difference at all.

Great point Dave!  My post's were based on the assumption the sim had been running. I shouldn't assume so quick. But given that, the problem still may exist at some airports after the sim has been running awhile.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

11 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

That was my thought at first so I decided t fly from OMDB - EGLL which took just over 7 hours, when I landed a Heathrow I had the same issue :( They were all 1% in AIFP.

It also appears after deleting the UT2 Aircraft folder from my sim object list the issue has stopped (bar 2 or 3 aircraft still). However I dont understand how this is the case as its just a list of aircraft and I uninstalled the program so not sure how this could be the fix for it? Can anyone shed light on this or am I just hoping this is what fixed it lol

After you've loaded fsx go back and change the time, maybe 1 hour forwards. I have always had this experience when I load FSX at busy airports eg EGLL, especially at rush hours. What I've been made to understand is when you first load fsx, aircraft that should arrive within 5 or 10 minutes fsx would start them from cursing altitude some 10 mile or so away and attempt to land them. It does create an unrealistic scenario. They do multiple go-arounds landing one by one until things get back to normal. I think you will find this may well be one of fsx's bugs. Try a medium sized airport or small with traffic to see if you have the same problem. Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, Conzy6 said:

They were all 1% in AIFP.

Well yeah that's exactly the problem! You have it set to display ALL of your traffic! Changing the slider doesn't do a thing because they are all at 1%, the sim just can't handle that amount of traffic. There's no Flow Control or actual ATC in the sim, controlling your traffic to a number that works in your sim is up to you. Use AIFP to randomize the percentages and then try it out with a % that more suits what works for you.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS