Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

FSinsider.dll Problem

I just went to open FSX and got an error message.  Basically it was talking about the fsinsider.dll.  I found the thread "Problem with MCE's fsinsider.dll".  So I go into the FSX folder looking for the fsinsider.dll. It's nowhere to be found.  There is a dll-mce but no fsinsider.dll.  How do I fix this problem?  I am running FSX as administrator.  Also when I open MCE I get a window that states: Please check that you have installed the relevant voice pack.  In order to close that window I have to press OK 4 times.  This is all new to me and just when I think I've got everything working something else pops up.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Rodger

Rodger, 

This maybe related to an error which occurs in Windows10 when FSX crashes for some reason or doesn't close properly. It may not be related to this particular dll. 

You should look in your registry for a specific entry as follows:

This was Pete Dowson solution for a similar problem with fsuipc 
Look for similar regedit entries for fsinsider.dll

1) start regedit (right click [Start] button and type 'regedit' in the run box. 
2) goto key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
3) delete the key "C:\\Games\\FSX\\fsx.exe"="$~ RUNASADMIN IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC4.dll>"........... or it might say FSINSIDER.dll
4) if you would like to run FSX as an administrator you need to activate that again as you removed that in step 3

It means that freelibrary calls are ignored (calls used to unload a DLL, known as module in FSX). This probably means that one of those calls somehow failed once and the key was added by the MS compatibility 'service' as a service to you...

Note: The error may pop up again when restarting FSX, just select YES to continue, and it then won't occur again until the next FSX failure. 

Also, if using FSXSE (Steam version) you may need to reboot as Steam often thinks FSX is still running.

Hope the above helps? 

BTW, I think fsinsider. dll is in the fsx modules folder. 

Regards, 

Stuart

• Upvote 1

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

14 hours ago, C130FE said:

I just went to open FSX and got an error message.  Basically it was talking about the fsinsider.dll.  I found the thread "Problem with MCE's fsinsider.dll".  So I go into the FSX folder looking for the fsinsider.dll. It's nowhere to be found.  There is a dll-mce but no fsinsider.dll.  How do I fix this problem?  I am running FSX as administrator.  Also when I open MCE I get a window that states: Please check that you have installed the relevant voice pack.  In order to close that window I have to press OK 4 times.  This is all new to me and just when I think I've got everything working something else pops up.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Rodger

Follow Stuart advice if FSX crashing and complaining about fsInsider.dll

Since it doesn't apply here (fsInsider.dll missing in the folder. I suspect you re-installed FSX), you need to either 

1 - Re-install MCE and run the app wizard without going through speech training.

OR

Manually copy "fsInsider.dll from \Downloaded unzipped file\Resources\ folder and paste it to \FSX\ root folder, and run the app wizard without going through speech training.

Among  other things, the wizard will automatically edit "dll.xml" (FSX file) which tells the simulator to load our fsInsider.dll on startup.

Under Windows 10 and WIn 8, search for run app wizard

Under Windows 7, click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Run app wizard.

That should get you going.

• Upvote 1