Sign in to follow this  
Bob650

Cheyenne Coming Soon?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm really looking forward to this one. I love the Cheyenne and still fly the Digital Aviation version frequently. Have some high hopes from Carenado on this model. Should be right in the sweet spot for them.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Where do you find docs on how to fly it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'd like to get it but $1000.00 is a little steep for me.  Maybe if it was just $500.00 I might bite. LOL.

Jim

Hi Folks,

Man - looks good but I'm scared - the DA Cheyenne is my favorite FS plane of all time and like Jesse - I still fly it... Big shoes to fill - I'd probably be disappointed - in my best Eeyore voice - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I will have to buy this one, I love Cheyennes and this one will have analog gauges and the option for the GTN 750. The Digital Aviation version is actually pretty decent, but I dislike the Trimble GPS (even though it is probably accurate to the original Cheyenne).

Dale

Dale

13 minutes ago, tanker said:

I will have to buy this one, I love Cheyennes and this one will have analog gauges and the option for the GTN 750. The Digital Aviation version is actually pretty decent, but I dislike the Trimble GPS (even though it is probably accurate to the original Cheyenne).

Dale

Agreed on the Trinble unit. In fact I always leave it off and go "old school".  With dual ADF recievers, it makes a great ADF navigation platform, something I really find enjoyable and a great IFR challenge. The DA Cheyenne is also a great hand flyer with a very natural feel. Something similar to the RealAir Dukes.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Hi Folks,

FYI - I have the Trimble removed and the F1 GTN650 shoe horned into the vacant spot - prior to P3D had the RXP430 doing the same... Makes the plane truly more enjoyable - while the Trimble was a valiant attempt - it did fall short of the mark - as was a constant source of problems and irritation... There is a switch to disable the 3D Trimble knobs...

Regards,
Scott 

11 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

FYI - I have the Trimble removed and the F1 GTN650 shoe horned into the vacant spot - prior to P3D had the RXP430 doing the same... Makes the plane truly more enjoyable - while the Trimble was a valiant attempt - it did fall short of the mark - as was a constant source of problems and irritation... There is a switch to disable the 3D Trimble knobs...

Regards,
Scott 

I've your mod and I wanted to thank you for it:biggrin:! I'm gonna stick to the DA Cheyenne, according to the past, I've a bad feeling for the Carenado:huh:

• Upvote 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Hard to beat the DA Cheyenne, I like how you can overlay the weather onto your route and have the route legs shown on the WXR. Takes some patients getting use to the Trimble but importing flight plans is easy so that is what I usually do. Will have to see how well Carenado's Cheyenne is received before a purchase, here is their video of her flying....Notice the new flight crew?

Hi Folks,

Thanks Pat...

Nice video Martin - yeah - for me the Cheyenne is just the quintessential twin turbo-prop...

The FDE was the best part of the DA version - it just feels real...

I sent Carenado a request for my FAVORITE Cheyenne paint - I know - probably pointless...

Capture_zps5y8nrrie.png

696553PiperCheyenneIIPrivateN118HB001TLS

Regards,

Scott

And I've asked them to change the little aircraft symbol on the GTN750 to a "Twin"..

Just an easy finishing touch :cool:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thanks Bert - did you explain how to do it for them ?

:biggrin:

One other bit of DA Trivia - a few months ago Hans Hartman - one of the founders/developers of DA publically expressed some interest in possibly providing an update to the Cheyenne over on the AS forum - then came back about a week ago and mentioned it probably isn't going to happen - - - so close - - - disappointed but suspect that darn CRJ is sucking the life out of him by now...

And boy do I wish Bernt Stolle was still around to do this one for Carenado !!!

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

I'll buy it just because they finally changed the crew!!  Man those other two guys must be exhausted!!:laugh:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, iflygary said:

I'll buy it just because they finally changed the crew!!  Man those other two guys must be exhausted!!:laugh:

Hah - OMG - they did - I was sooo tired of seeing those same two in EVERY aircraft... Good catch !

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1