Sign in to follow this  
cannonplug

"Here's the loadsheet" during brief

Hi Bryan,

Just a small nag. I searched the forum but didn't see anyone else with this issue. Sometimes I run a bit behind on my preflight to the point that the loadsheet arrives during the departure brief. This in itself is not an issue, but what's happening is that the FO breaks into the brief with "here's the loadsheet." Then, when the brief ends, the acars printer sound is played. I imagine the intention was for the printer sound to play during the brief and the FO's statement to come after. Would that be a correct assumption?

And while I'm here, I might as well put in two requests for a future update. First, I've noticed the flight attendant begins an announcement immediately after I call "turn no. 1." Is there a way to have such an announcement begin a random number of seconds after the call to start no. 1? It would eliminate some of the predictability of it all.

And second, there's been some discussion about this before here but no resolution: above 10,000, the FO asks to release the cabin. But on just about every flight I've taken in the US over the past several decades, the seat belt sign hasn't been turned off until very close to the ToC, even in the best of weather. I understand that in other jurisdictions flight crews turn off the FSB signs much earlier. Nonetheless, might it be possible to make this FO request optional (much like the one to release the cabin crew)? That way you could manually place the FSB signs on auto at your discretion and, if you forget, the FO will remind you to do so near the ToC (as s/he does now). I know I can always tell the FO "no" when the request comes, but that just gets a bit old.

In any event, neither of these two requests is a big deal; they're just something that would be nice to have. I enjoy FS2Crew immensely as it is (I also have the 777), to the point that I've parked my 747 until you release that one. Flying without FS2Crew is just so darn lonely.

Thanks for entertaining these notions, Bryan!

Best,

Walter Meier

I certainly appreciate you looking into it Bryan. As far as the callout in the secondary panel, there are two separate actions by the FO: one releases the FAs shortly after takeoff while the other one releases the cabin a bit above 10,000 ft  (which turns the FSB signs to auto). The option in the callouts config page pertains only to that first action to release the FAs. So an additional option for that second action would be ideal.

Thanks again!

Walter Meier