Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

WAMA: nice update

What's the point of owning a lot of aircraft if you can't view them all at once? To borrow a quote: " a picture is worth a thousand words". The latest program upgrade, v1.02 will let you easily display static objects. The picture below includes two static objects: a Boeing 777 from the WOAI traffic program and a destroyer. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovtbucu9slcs52s/Wama.png?dl=0

I can't recommend this gem of a program highly enough.

P.S. How does one post actual images (not just links) in this forum? 

• Upvote 1

Matt, 

Could not agree with you more... This is a GREAT add on.

As far as posting images. Use a site like postimg.org. upload your picture and you can choose to share it via a forum hotlink. 

2017-3-24_17-46-22-526.jpgimages upload

I tried using the Dropbox site for the image. But it was a no-go. And I  tried several times.  First as a jpg and secondly as a png image file.  I also googled and read-up on Avsim and uploading images but the icons they refer to does not work for me or I can't find them in my browser. I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome. Shouldn't Dropbox work here too?   How did you get the 'images upload' link above?

I just bought the Lorby-SI's AITracker X program on the basis of how well WAMA worked. I have not read up on AITX yet but I suspect that it will need to run in the background too.  There are other programs which run in background (like a weather program). It'd  be nice if the the WAMA database or portions of it can be converted or compiled to a bgl file or something similar so that it does not need to run as a background program in order to display items in the simobjects folder as static objects.

Hi @ll,

many thanks for your kind words!

1 hour ago, Matt Sdeel said:

I just bought the Lorby-SI's AITracker X program on the basis of how well WAMA worked. I have not read up on AITX yet but I suspect that it will need to run in the background too.  There are other programs which run in background (like a weather program). It'd  be nice if the the WAMA database or portions of it can be converted or compiled to a bgl file or something similar so that it does not need to run as a background program in order to display items in the simobjects folder as static objects.

Running in the background: all Lorby-SI products are programmatic addons, meaning they are using SimConnect to do their job - and they have to be running to do it. There is nothing sinister about this, it is just how these things work (plus, it allows you to shift the CPU load required for these tasks away from your simulator). And it is the only way for them to do their job, most of the features, that these addons have, are only possible by making use of the SimConnect API. (Which, among other things, is the main reason why it is currently impossible to "port" or "convert" them to X-Plane - XP's programmatic API is not powerful enough).

Compile objects into scenery bgls: this is possible to a certain extent, but only if you do it manually. Copyright issues aside, you would have to use a program like ModelConverterX to convert the 3D model (.MDL) into a BGL file. Then you would use a scenery addon like ADE to add that object to your scenery. I am no expert in this, but I would hazard a guess that for most of the more complex 3D models this conversion will simply not work too well.

Best regards

LORBY-SI