Sign in to follow this  
glb@ric

Problem seeing AOAI planes & traffic

Frustrated with WOAI; never any problem running under FSX!  I'm running FSXSE on a Win10 platform and cannot get WOAI planes to show up.  I've been flying FS for about 10 -15 yrs and pretty much know how to get around the file structure however I just can't get AI to work.  I've spent two weeks installing, reinstalling WOAI, reading posts on this issue across many websites and nothing seems to work.  I'm well aware of the mixing of FS9 with FSX issue and AIFP3 never shows any FS9 files present so I'm relatively sure that is not the issue.  Rather than what I've tried better to see how I have things set up now:

Traffic files in Addon Scenery:  STEAM\....FSX\Addon Scenery\WOAITraffic\Traffic_000_WoA_American Eagle_Su13_FSX.bgl & Traffic_000_WoA_Delta Airlines_Su13_FSX.bgl

Yes, I tried it in Scenery directory.  Took everything else out of Addon Scenery except the above.

Aircraft files in SimObjects:  STEAM\....FSX\SimObjects\AIAirplanes\(models for the two airlines above)

fsx.CFG: 

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=8276
PerfBucket=7
Maximized=2
Location=109,113,1149,892,\\.\DISPLAY1
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AIAirplanes

FSX Stock AI very visable when not disabled.  FSX settings:  Aircraft-ultrahigh (tried different setting without success), Traffic Density-100% (I've tried everything from 30% to 100%.  Scenery Objects-very dense. Preview DirectX-unchecked Check each change out on different airports, particularly KDCA which should surely show the two aircraft above.

I would really appreciate anyone's help and apologies to those that have seen similar posts about this problem over the past several years (I've probably read most of them).   Awful lonely @ RIC!

Interesting!  Shouldn't the traffic file .bgls be in FSX-SE equivalent of Scenery/World/Scenery folder?

That's where the default trafficAircraft.bgl hides.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, glb@ric said:

Frustrated with WOAI; never any problem running under FSX!  I'm running FSXSE on a Win10 platform and cannot get WOAI planes to show up.  I've been flying FS for about 10 -15 yrs and pretty much know how to get around the file structure however I just can't get AI to work.  I've spent two weeks installing, reinstalling WOAI, reading posts on this issue across many websites and nothing seems to work.  I'm well aware of the mixing of FS9 with FSX issue and AIFP3 never shows any FS9 files present so I'm relatively sure that is not the issue.  Rather than what I've tried better to see how I have things set up now:

Traffic files in Addon Scenery:  STEAM\....FSX\Addon Scenery\WOAITraffic\Traffic_000_WoA_American Eagle_Su13_FSX.bgl & Traffic_000_WoA_Delta Airlines_Su13_FSX.bgl

Just to be clear, you converted the two traffic files that WOAI installed to FSX format using AIFP? You said that AIFP didn't detect and FS9 files in FSX but didn't say if you converted yours.

Also you might want to check a place like KDFW where you'll see more American Eagle flights as they might be more sparse at KDCA and harder to find. Are you checking at payware or freeware airports with ample parking and/or parking codes?

Lastly, turn off Aircraft Casts shadows as this can make the AI invisible in some instances.

The traffic file bgls go in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder as Charlie mentioned.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Traffic .bgls can actually go in any folder as long as that folder is activated in the scenery library.  Have you looked at your scenery library or scenery.cfg to make sure that \....FSX\Addon Scenery\WOAITraffic\ is active?

Charlie, Maddog:

First, thanks for your suggestions.

Originally I did put traffic in Scenery as usual; however, on reading some posts suggestion was to have it in Addon as to "not conflict with other files".  Also, "cast shadows" was off.  This morning I fooled around with AIFP again and also, Peter's Traffic Analyzer, removed Delta so as to work with only one airline.  I finally saw one plane @ RIC, but it did eventually take off which tells me something is working.  I went over to Chicago/OHara and too many to count, but something took a hit because the terminal was visible from the overhead but missing on the ground - memory problem there probably.  Went to DCA and see 5 AC, but probably to be expected for 1100 hrs. Eastern.

Next to analyze what I changed this a.m. and the hit on  memory/Framerates.  Thank you again for suggestions and welcome any others.

glb@ric

I may be barking up the wrong tree here but are you aware that in p3d the simobjects.cfg folder is not in the main p3d folder and you have to add any ai aircraft in that file 

Pete Little

Thanks for the reply; however, I'm not using p3d.  I will eventually figure it out.