Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Strange Issue with a few of the Mister X aiports

I have an odd issue I am hoping someone can help with. I have installed a few of the Mister X airports, which are outstanding. I have the Boston one and the Portland one which both work well. However, I have also installed KPHX and KSAN and have some issues. When I load the airport for a flight, a box pops up telling me I am missing some scenery and need to install it. I do this but then once the airports reload, they are water locked, with floating buildings all over. I assume since I am still fairly new with X-plane that I have screwed something up. I am running X-plane 11 pb17 currently. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Make sure you have all the addons that are required to run the scenery correctly. For instance KSAN requires MisterX Library 1.5. Other airports might require that and others.

If you do have that installed already then make sure in the scenery_packs.ini file that airport is above the extra stuff such as MisterX Library 1.5.

the scenery_packs.ini file is in XP11 folder/Custom Scenery/

From EGFF to YSSY

Looks like you do not have the global scenery of southwestern USA installed. Try re-running the installer, select "add and remove scenery" and make sure to re-install the relevant area of the global scenery.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

That's was I was thinking originally, but I did have the entire world installed. When pb17 was released I reinstalled the entire world again, but I will double check since that is what it looks like. It's as if there is an airport in space. It sort of looks like once i install the Mister X airport, the XP default scenery for the area disappears, and I know it has to be something on my end. Not sure why I have no issues with KBOS and KPDX however, so that is what is confusing me. I suppose once XP 11 goes final, it may not be a bad idea to reinstall everyting one by one. Thanks for the tips guys, I will check on this when I get home tonight.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot