Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

Buying P3D V3

Hello guys,

been a long time since i posted.

im currently looking to make my move on to P3D V3. I have a couple of question i need answering if you don't mind :).

My current spec is:

i5 7600k @4.5ghz

8gb ddr4 ram

gtx 970

asus tuf z270

Couple of questions i have is :

. if i buy V3 base from p3d website for 59 dollars can i update it to v3.4 straight away or will i be stuck with V3.00 since i bought that one?

. normally i just fly with the PMDG 777 AND 737 a whole load of addon scenery which version of my p3d shall i get professional plus or academic?

. will i see a good decent performance over fsx ( sorry i know this has been asked many of times) but im pretty sparce on knowledge about this matter.

many thanks for looking and helping.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

1 - you can update for free within the same version.  Meaning you'll get all the P3D v3 updates for free.  V4 you'll have to pay again

2 - pick a version that aligns with what you qualify for.  More in depth discussion on this topic will get your thread locked.

3 - I can't say compared to FSX .  But performance will be very good for you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Bilal2104 said:

if i buy V3 base from p3d website for 59 dollars can i update it to v3.4 straight away or will i be stuck with V3.00 since i bought that one?

Hello

When you Purchase Prepar3D v3,  it will come with all the previous Updates Included, the current version is v 3.4 (22.19868)

2 hours ago, Bilal2104 said:

. normally i just fly with the PMDG 777 AND 737 a whole load of addon scenery which version of my p3d shall i get professional plus or academic?

Discussion over licensing options are not permitted on Avsim. I suggest you read the differences between the licenses on the Lockeed website and choose the one that pertains to your situation.

As for the other questions, it looks like they have been answered for you in previous replies.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator