Sign in to follow this  
Jabrooks21

P3D v 3 - Out of the Blue Stuttering

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can advise me on this as having a few new issues with P3D

I went over to P3D in the New Year and it has worked a treat, smooth and good FPS, no tearing or stuttering issues like FSX or freezing. I have been re-installing AI and Scenery over the past couple of months and no issues whatsoever.

Last night I went on it and keep getting stuttering when I fly, tried at East Midlands (UK2K), Dubai (FlyTampa) and the Default AFB with the F22, JF 757 and Dash 8 (cant remember who made it!)

FPS are fine in the main as previously but stuttering is quite noticeable, what is confusing me is it came out the blue after being ok for the first two months and I haven't changed any settings since last using it fine.

The only thing that did happen, I had a MWAI Chinook package which I installed but although it worked itself made all my other AI disappear, once I removed these flightplans out of the World/Scenery folder it all worked again (so completely removed the package and still have stuttering so assume this would not be the cause).

I tired setting 30FPS as the maximum but this didn't really improve anything (if anything slowed the FPS down!)

Has anyone any advice that they can offer which would be hugely appreciated.

System Specs if relevant:

Asus Z87-A Board
8GB Kingston Hyper Beast Dual DDR3
Corsair 650W Power
6GB Nvidia GTX Graphics
Intel i5-4670K 3.4GHZ overclocked 4.20GHZ

Many Thanks for your time

Maybe something updated like Windows, or did you update a video driver. Might try system restore and see if that fixes it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just discovered that the latest update to malwarebytes "3.x" has caused serious stuttering. Only solution is to disable before starting prepar3d

Running any anti-malware app while the sim is running will usually have bad consequences.

Windows Defender does count. Also it is not a good idea to run two anti-malware apps simultaneously.

try checking if there is an  option in which you can exclude P3D folder from being scanned.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I lost the jitters after excluding the P3D folder which exposes me but hey, I'm not much to look at.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Not helping your situation per se but I will pass this on because I haven't heard of anyone else doing this practice which I have done for years.  

I keep OS & P3D on the same SSD and don't use this OS install for anything except P3D & its add ons.  No MS Office, no internet browsing is done on this boot up, no need to even run Defender, etc.   This means for all practical purposes I'm not going to get exposed unless it's in the software I've downloaded, but that is done on another OS boot up on a different SSD and a common data HDD is where the download lives.  I do run Malwarebytes & Avast on the 2nd SSD boot up used for everything except P3D.   I've been convinced w/ the advent of SATA3 or better SSD the need to put OS & sim on separate drives is not necessary as it arguably was in the old days.   Not only do you run the leanest, cleanest platform but making a complete clone backup becomes a super simple task.   I will clone my drive every 3 months or so and when an issue arose not long ago I just restored the one disk and all was back to normal.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X