Sign in to follow this  
djjamieg

pmdg 777 api.dll CTD after 5/10 minutes

Hi, getting very frustrated. Keep getting API.DLL error when trying to make a flight from EGSS to LFPG, ive followed all the AVSIM CTD guides, deleted fsx.cfg ect and still the same problem. admittedly I have over 80 addon airports install over Europe and the world but never been a problem. thanks in advance.

specs:

Zoostorm StormForce 

(Intel Core i5-6400 2.70 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive, 120Gb SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics, DVD/RW, WiFi, Windows 10)

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note the pinned forum topic on forum rules and the need for full names on all posts.  Is this the FSX api module located in your root FSX folder?

That module is not involved in most addon interaction with the platform, It is used by FSX itself for low level tasks such as accessing files.  A quick browse of a google search on fsx api errors provides many avenues to pursue.  For example, are you sure you have SP1 and SP2 installed for FSX?  Are you using the DX10 fixer?

Not sure what you followed in "all" the AVSIM CTD Guides because there is only one.  Providing a background of the steps you have taken besides deleted fsx.cfg would help here.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm using FSX:SE, the faulting path is in my fsx route folder yes. No SP's used as it says Steam Edition already has these installed. Not using any DX fixers... (not sure what that is to be honest)

these steps I have already followed:
Lower LOD_Radius (if above 4.5) and/or Texture_Max_Load (if above 1024).  

Check Buffer Pools parameter in config and disable (fix for many). . 

AffinityMask tweak has wrong parameters for your computer.

any suggestions for me to follow would be of great help

ERROR CODE BELOW.

fsx.exe

559f9a9a

API.DLL

559f9ab5

c0000005

000b8fbf

1b00

01d2a89fac720149

D:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

D:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\API.DLL

eda4b19b-714c-4096-87be-9c06a7994fe6

Please open a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support, where you are not required to post your name in a forum.

Dan Downs KCRP