Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

I need help for FSX

Before buying an add-on PMDG for FSX, I'm looking to buy 777 and 747-400 PMDG, but before I need help.

I need help for  my FSX who does not work correctly, see pictures

I have Windows 7 Pro.

Motherboard  Gigabyte X99_Ultra Gaming/LGA2011-3/8DIMM DDR4 3333

Processeur Intel Core I7-6800K 3.4Ghz 15Mo Socket 2011 V3

Mémory 8 Go DDR4 Kingston Hyper Fury 2400Mhz

DD Kingston Savage SDD-960 Go

Disque Dur 3.5" interne 1000Go Sata WD Blue 7200T

Video carde GeForce GTX 1080 Winddforce OC 8G

FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration (Box)

Impossible to make a flight without having this problem.

Here pictures it is better that a long explanation

If you have a solution to help me? thanks in advance.

Avion%201.jpgAvion%202.jpgavion%204.jpg

PS: I don't know if with my FSX I have to install the SP1

Sorry for my English

Dom

You are likely missing the HighMemFix=1 in your FSX.cfg.  Please see the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide which you can find on the right side of most every AVSIM page.

Just a litle side note. FSX Gold is merely a marketing package which contains FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration - from which you can install one or the other. There is no difference in the FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration contained in the FSX Gold Marketing Package and those sold prior to the FSX Gold Marketing Package, so in the future you can let people know what you're running FSX Acceleration (leave out the FSX Gold).

My very best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 hours ago, seahawks said:

I don't know if with my FSX I have to install the SP1

No. It is included in the DVDs from which you installed FSX.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

"FSX Gold is merely a marketing package which contains FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration - from which you can install one or the other. There is no difference in the FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration contained in the FSX Gold Marketing Package"

Hello, Dave

Thanks for your answer, and thank you for the AVSIM FSX Config, but I don't understand very well.

You said " from which you can install one or the other. There is no difference in the FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration contained in the FSX Gold" ???

No difference?? that  means that we can install acceleration only. ???? I think not.

My very best wishes too

6 hours ago, pcubine said:

No. It is included in the DVDs from which you installed FSX.

Hello Mickael,

Thanks very much for your answer

Have good days

Best regards

Dom

5 hours ago, seahawks said:

It sounds like you misunderstood what I wrote.

FSX Gold is a marketing package which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration.  You should install only one or the other.  If you install both, the simulator will not work correctly.  There is a insert (a.k.a. "instructions") that comes with FSX Gold package that explains this. 

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You should install only one or the other.

Now you have got me confused. The first time I installed FSX Gold eight years ago there were three DVDs in the box. 2 for FSX and 1 for Acceleration. I installed all three DVDs. I have done several reinstalls since then using all three DVDs.

Right. All that means is that you have FSX Acceleration installed.  The first two disks will install Deluxe, which you'll have to later install the service pack. Acceleration (all three disks used) contains both service packs (SP1 and SP2).  Information regarding this can be found in the insert that comes with FSX Gold package.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

Yup, you probably need all three disks installed, this is because the Acceleration Expansion Pack added some additional engine simulation features to FSX which are necessary to enable a good many add-on FSX aeroplanes to function properly. Good examples of that are the A2A Boeing B17G and Stratocruiser and the Flight Replicas Canadair Argonaut, the engines won't work on those in a copy of FS which doesn't have Acceleration added to it, in fact I don't think they'll even crank up on the Argonaut unless you have Acceleration installed.

That's probably the main reason why most people who bought FSX originally then had to buy the Acceleration pack, not because they were bothered about the racing feature of Acceleration, but because they wanted A2A add-ons to work!

Another option is to get the Steam Edition of FSX - which happens to be on sale at the moment for 7.99 - because that has all the expansions and service packs bullt into it, plus having been recompiled to run a bit better than the boxed version, and it has the high mem fix in it and the maximum texture load fix too. So you might want to consider that option whilst it is cheap.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 29/03/2017 at 4:37 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

It sounds like you misunderstood what I wrote.

FSX Gold is a marketing package which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration.  You should install only one or the other.  If you install both, the simulator will not work correctly.  There is a insert (a.k.a. "instructions") that comes with FSX Gold package that explains this. 

Best wishes.

Hello Dave,

No, you wrong in my case, because for my version of FSX. I have only 2 DVD. You can't install the Acceleration pack only.

Number 1 is the Native FSX, and the number 2 is only Acceleration Expansion pack.

Microsoft said ;For Acceleration pack.... FSX must be installed first on your computer  

I uninstalled everything today.

I go to see if I can have some  help by Microsoft in French and I be back here

Dom

regards

5 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hello Dave,

No, you wrong in my case, because for my version of FSX. I have only 2 DVD. You can't install the Acceleration pack only.

Number 1 is the Native FSX, and the number 2 is only Acceleration Expansion pack.

Microsoft said ;For Acceleration pack.... FSX must be installed first on your computer  

I uninstalled everything today.

I go to see if I can have some  help by Microsoft in French and I be back here

Dom

regards

why not  do as "chock" has  suggested   since  you have  uninstalled  fsx   go purchase  fsx.se  or  go towards p3d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello Dave.

I made a mistake I have three DVD....2 For FSX and 1 Add-On (Acceleration pack

Hi Peter

No I buy nothing more FSX has to work....I'll reinstall today FSX....and If that works I would buy PMDG 777

7 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hello Dave.

I made a mistake I have three DVD....2 For FSX and 1 Add-On (Acceleration pack

Hi Peter

No I buy nothing more FSX has to work....I'll reinstall today FSX....and If that works I would buy PMDG 777

No worries my friend, thanks gor writing back thoufh - very professional of you! Anyway, I've been doing flight sim tech support for many years and I've been told I'm wrong or don't know what I'm talking about more than a few times! LOL!!!

I just want to see you up and flying.

I couldn't agree more that you should catefully consider using FSX Steam, it's far better than any disk version. I wrote a post on AVSIM earlier today about installing FSX:SE on a system that had the disk version installed and removed. It's very important to handle that the right way. I'm on the road, typing this from my phone so I can't give you a link to the post, but if you're interested you can look up my posts or search the forum for it.

Dave Hodges

Hi Dave,

Here are news about my problem.
Having uninstalled FSX with all the add-on, and having cleaned my computer.

I have just reinstalled FSX without the acceleration pack.

I have make a flight test with the rotten planes of Microsoft, and that works well. I am now going to reinstall  the acceleration pack and to redo the test.

And I'll be back for the result.

anyway thanks for your help, and one more time sorry for my English

regards

I highly suggest spending 10 bucks and buying the Steam version.