Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Crossing the Red - Part 3

The route across Australia continues from Alice Springs with warbirds or fast GA aircraft to cover the longer distances to the next series of airfields.  

For any participants who have the Orbx YBAS scenery, a quick helo tour of Alice Springs will occur 30 minutes prior (17:30 UTC) before the main event.

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday April 1 1800 UTC  (note: new earlier daylight savings start time)

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest TEST version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

Part 3 of the Pilots Guide can be downloaded here:  Crossing the Red - Part 3

The announcement post (link below) has the full route details including required scenery.

Crossing the Red - Announcement

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Recommend that you set your initial clock to dusk minus 3.5 hours in local time to account for flight time and the usual "faffing about" time.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Many thanks to the people(you know who you are) who withstood my wild ranting about the needless complexity of my shiney new Flight1 King Air B200. It was a super/painful learning curve 50% of which I may retain. Look forward to more of the same. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

What's going on this Saturday?
Who (me), What (aircraft type)?, Where (last airfield at)?, When (1800z)?, How (FSJoin v1.1.13)?
If still a go, going to spend the day with you guys instead of going outside during one of the first nice days!
(Mostly Sunny, High: 63 °F)

Romanowski :gaul:

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hey Polack! Git yo a.s.s* on da Teamspeak an' take id from der.

Love, Ron XX

*If ******* rode into Bethlehem on an &@($*, would it be censored?

EDIT: LOL

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

What (aircraft type)?, Where (last airfield at)?,

We are starting from Mt Isa.  I will be flying a RFDS King Air.  

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Here's a bunch of snapshots from some of the past flights. No more extensive PIREPS until the forum allows BBC code.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ascyj9sv3edmm76/AABrLGgOe_rucz1tMftW9Z0Da?dl=0

And because Ron won the "Landing Gear Lever Award" yesterday here's a community service announcement just for you.. Don't feel bad, this is much worse! LOL

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap