Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

X-Plane 11.00r1

Just downloaded and installed - everything seems to be working well, as in, exactly like pb17.

No release notes yet.

I'm quite excited now that this new chapter of X-Plane has finally arrived. :happy:

• Upvote 3

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Cheers Jim I'll grab it later. I wonder what has been fixed or changed this time?

1 hour ago, Novation said:

Cheers Jim I'll grab it later. I wonder what has been fixed or changed this time?

Nothing on the release notes, as of my time, this morning, but according to the org, nothing major...an update to the B737, B747 and Cessna C172SP, update to Planemaker, update to the installer and a couple other little things.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yeah. I've just installed it and nothing has changed in any obvious way over the last beta. I would love them to tie up the graphic issues soon; the glowing trees, the flashing reflections and broken shadows. I don't see how the optimization can happen until these are fixed, and they are all very distracting.

15 minutes ago, Novation said:

Yeah. I've just installed it and nothing has changed in any obvious way over the last beta. I would love them to tie up the graphic issues soon; the glowing trees, the flashing reflections and broken shadows. I don't see how the optimization can happen until these are fixed, and they are all very distracting.

If you are keeping up with current events, via the blog, it has been stated that there is still a lot on Ben's plate to fix, but won't happen until after the initial release.  A little time and patience and we'll see some better transformations coming to us.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just now, Jimm said:

If you are keeping up with current events, via the blog

I must admit I don't think to look at it. In fact I don't even know where it is :blush:

8 minutes ago, Novation said:

I must admit I don't think to look at it. In fact I don't even know where it is :blush:

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Release notes are here: http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/ (though currently, nothing is shown for R1 yet)

the glowing trees is high on his list, but he didnt want to postpone release because of this bug, same with the shining through clouds issue of streets issue.

they want to finalize the foundations of xp11 now so developers have a definate version to start working on.

• Upvote 1

I am very happy they fixed that rainbow in the sky and now it looks great. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

So the notes are posted for R1:

Release Candidate 1

Bug fixes:

XPD-5349 Fixed lights visible through heavy clouds.

XPD-7259 ATC taxi guidelines too faint.

XPD-7283 Spill lights not fogged in HDR mode.

XPD-7363, XPD-7508 Fix for planet showing up in near view in low vis.

XPD-7850 Fixed crash when selecting approach at LGML.

XPD-7861 New hint text without extraneous line breaks.

XPD-7864 Fixed mouse fly not working with two monitors and large UI.

XPD-7868 Drop tank CG fixed.

Fixed plugins changing UI units and resulting in out of range values.

Default C172 fixes: OAT gauge & 41″ MP at max throttle.

GPS fixes: we allow setting of GPS relative bearing when override_gps is on, & the magnetic bearing points to the terminator.

31 minutes ago, Jimm said:

XPD-5349 Fixed lights visible through heavy clouds.

This fix is shoddy. What it does now, is shutting off all airport lights when there is an "overcast" or "stratus" cloud layer and the aircraft altitude is above the cloud layer. Infact, if you are above "overcast" clouds and there's a patch of clear sky, you won't see airport lights.

I hope this is not considered fixed for good, but that a better fix is reserved for the future.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

49 minutes ago, Murmur said:

This fix is shoddy. What it does now, is shutting off all airport lights when there is an "overcast" or "stratus" cloud layer and the aircraft altitude is above the cloud layer. Infact, if you are above "overcast" clouds and there's a patch of clear sky, you won't see airport lights.

I hope this is not considered fixed for good, but that a better fix is reserved for the future.

You should report a new bug for that, just to be sure.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

After I posted this topic, I took an hour and a half flight into dusk in the new Panthera... Very pleasing. Good framerate, default clouds looked more than acceptable, I could see the actual ball of fire known as the sun as it was setting, really, really nice. (And the excellent aircraft didn't hurt either!)

The one note I could make, is that it seems that depending on the time of day, there's a bit of a white band at the horizon that I don't recall being there in earlier betas. A bit distracting, actually. I recall seeing it show up while manipulating various cart controls in far earlier beta versions, so perhaps the tweaking they've done has introduced it while trying to improve other visuals.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.