Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

X-Plane 11.00r1

Since I am not at my sim right now, can anyone confirm whether or not nightime textures appear and disappear as the early evening transitions to night?  I know with PB17 this problem existed where if you had a flight around dusk, the lights would come on and you would get the lighting on the ground, but a couple of hours later, the lighting on the ground would disappear, but the lights above still show.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

It appears that you can get a whole lot more information from the comments section of the blog than what is officially published! lol

I saw a lot of interesting features being discussed, but no official roadmaps for completion.  Honestly, just the thought of having a lot of these new features makes me happier that I jumped onboard X-Plane.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

It appears that you can get a whole lot more information from the comments section of the blog than what is officially published! lol

Yeah lol :laugh:

This is interesting.... So, is there any downside to the line below from Ben?   I'm using this script and can't say I've seen anything that's not better than the default situation.

This is the fix where the shadow time of day is extended? I can revisit that but generally extending the shadow time duration had its own problems – a trade of a bug for a bug. We can revisit this further in future updates.

As a general note: clever users who have made Lua scripts to make X-Plane better via art control hacking can contact me directly if they think their fix is useful in the general case and should be standard for the sim.

6 minutes ago, Novation said:

is is the fix where the shadow time of day is extended? I can revisit that but generally extending the shadow time duration had its own problems – a trade of a bug for a bug. We can revisit this further in future updates.

As a general note: clever users who have made Lua scripts to make X-Plane better via art control hacking can contact me directly if they think their fix is useful in the general case and should be standard for the sim.

A good takeaway from that is that LR is willing to LISTEN to the users and even implement solutions.  I have seen other blurbs here and there of users stating that user-related material is being added, not to mention gateway airport submissions which occur often. :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Jimm said:

A good takeaway from that is that LR is willing to LISTEN to the users and even implement solutions.  I have seen other blurbs here and there of users stating that user-related material is being added, not to mention gateway airport submissions which occur often. :biggrin:

Absolutely. However, it seems a shame they don't seem to engage more (or at all) in the two main forums that users comment in.... but, as least the blog seems to be a way in for those with a bit more determination and real skill to make meaningful changes  ;)

1 minute ago, Novation said:

Absolutely. However, it seems a shame they don't seem to engage more (or at all) in the two main forums that users comment in.... but, as least the blog seems to be a way in for those with a bit more determination and real skill to make meaningful changes  ;)

Just because you don't see them or hear from them in the forums, doesn't mean they don't have their proverbial ear to the rail. :)

I'm sure their well aware of the buzz that surrounds their creation, and whether it's positive or negative feedback, they'll get the message.  Despite a lot of the clamoring from users about particulars, like trees, shadows, celestial bodies, we know it's on their plate and for them to NOT promise anything is a whole lot better than them revealing roadmaps or promises to fix by a certain date and then finding out there are delays or other excuses.  Like a fine wine, it takes patience and time and I honestly believe that they have an excellent base to work from now and it can only get better.  As it was loosely stated by Ben that they want to get 11 out the door so they can get the developers started fixes and other enhancements, so the short answer to that is the sooner we get 11, the sooner a lot of our great add-on aircraft are ready for primetime!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Novation said:

Ben has posted here before, as have others from the LR team. However, you can't blame them for not keeping a constant presence. The distractions caused by constant 'noise' produced by forums where everyone thinks their ideas/problems/issues should take precedence over everything else would be counter-productive to a small team trying to focus on established goals.

• Upvote 9

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

27 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Like a fine wine, it takes patience and time and I honestly believe that they have an excellent base to work from now and it can only get better.

Agree 100% :) .... having said that I like cheap junk wine :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Jimmy RFR said:

The distractions caused by constant 'noise' produced by forums where everyone thinks their ideas/problems/issues should take precedence over everything else would be counter-productive to a small team trying to focus on established goals.

OK-OK I also agree:)

There is a balance to be struck between whingers like me, who want their glowing trees and flashing reflections fixed, when deeper internal, and maybe less obvious fixes, that overall, make a bigger difference need sorting first.

Perhaps the odd post here, and at .org would be good though, as I've not seen any...... just so we know they are looking and listening

I'm also curious when the aircraft will be updated (cirrus jet etc), and the new citation included....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm also curious when the aircraft will be updated (cirrus jet etc), and the new citation included....

Ben responded to that one on his blog re the Citation with....."when it's ready". 

Cheers

Peter

21 hours ago, Kuragiman said:

Maybe now some of these horrendous bugs with add-ons will be addressed by the 3rd party devs

There's a better chance of that now that they will in theory no longer be chasing a moving target.

I do not know if this is a placebo effect but I have done a couple of flights now in RC1 and all I can say is wow. This is the smoothest and most fluid I have seen. Last night I had a dusk landing in Toronto in the FF767 and the lighting & clouds (SMP4 & RWC) were simply stunning.

If it helps anyone there is a simple procedure I always follow when updating X-Plane throughout the Betas ..

• After the update delete everything in the preferences folder except the joystick & keys
  • Delete the current profile in Nvidia Control panel. I created a copy of the original X-Plane.exe and called it X-Plane 11 so that I can have different profiles in NVidia control panel as I find XP11 is way better with threaded optimization turned on whereas in XP10 I have it turned off
  • Load up XP11 and select a default aircraft (Cessna) at any airport then set the rendering options, AI traffic, failures etc 
  • Quit XP11
  • Open Nvidia Control Panel and make my adjustments 

Following this procedure seems to yield good results for me anyway.

Richard

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

18 hours ago, Novation said:

However, it seems a shame they don't seem to engage more (or at all) in the two main forums that users comment in.... but, as least the blog seems to be a way in for those with a bit more determination and real skill to make meaningful changes  ;)

Surfing forums and engaging with users in discussion threads can be very time consuming, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't.  Keeping it all consolidated to the developer blog is a more efficient use of their time.