Sign in to follow this  
vertex75014

PMDG 777 weight FMC

Someone can say to me why load planing is different  between FMC 777  200 LR  and PFPX  some time some hundred kg . When loade why fmc did not accept pfpx value?

Exemple  I enter 13237 kg fuel

9000kg payload

PFPX said   ZFW 165135   FMC said 166.1

PFPX        ramp weight 178376 FMC : 179.3

This is with DOW 156137 in my PFPX configuration.

thank you

3 hours ago, vertex75014 said:

When loade why fmc did not accept pfpx value?

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts.

As far as your PFPX issue goes, the most common error is planning in PFPX using KG, and the plane using pounds (this will change based on the tail number). The other common issue is not creating a PFPX profile for the aircraft you're using, and not creating it accurately. You'll want to create one for each tail number and ensure that the weights match the FMC payload page.

I can't remember what PFPX has for their template, but in the end - just like any real pilot/dispatcher - you must verify that the weights in the planner match the weights in the plane. PFPX is great, but you absolutely must verify that the numbers there match the numbers on the plane.

Kyle Rodgers

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts.

As far as your PFPX issue goes, the most common error is planning in PFPX using KG, and the plane using pounds (this will change based on the tail number). The other common issue is not creating a PFPX profile for the aircraft you're using, and not creating it accurately. You'll want to create one for each tail number and ensure that the weights match the FMC payload page.

I can't remember what PFPX has for their template, but in the end - just like any real pilot/dispatcher - you must verify that the weights in the planner match the weights in the plane. PFPX is great, but you absolutely must verify that the numbers there match the numbers on the plane.

I apologize for forgot names

Francois  ICHARD   (real)

I confirm  in PMDG setup FMC  aircraft display I have well changed lbs to kg for units. and template pfpx is also configurate  with PMDG 777 200lr  weights.-

Francois ICHARD

Hello Francois,

the empty weight matches PMDG's standard B777-200LR empty weight. So they should match. There must be an entry error in the FMC. Things to remember:

- Payload in PFPX = Passenger weight (adult/child/infant)+baggage weight+cargo weight

- Payload in FMC = Passenger weight (adult weight only)+combined cargo weight

What I do is if I have children and or infants in PFPX, I have to combine them to form the total passengers in the FMC. You also have to add the baggage weight PLUS the cargo from PFPX. Together they form the total cargo(belly) load. Alternatively, you can just enter the same ZFW in the FMC. I never did this but just read it in another post. The FMC will then add pax and load randomly to reach that ZFW.

Let me know how it worked out....

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

On 30/03/2017 at 1:17 PM, xkoote said:

Alternatively, you can just enter the same ZFW in the FMC. I never did this but just read it in another post. The FMC will then add pax and load randomly to reach that ZFW.

Hi,

I always enter the ZFW and never bother with the distribution of pax and cargo in the CDU options. What matters is the ZFW and the TOW for the performance calculations. 

Now if you want to deal with the pax numbers, then you have to change the default pax weight in pfpx to reflect the one used by PMDG (which I don't remember.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.