Sign in to follow this  
OfficialLiovo

Black Textures....everywhere....

Found this at another website:

I know there where some issues with people that had Turkish fs X installs, the solution at the time was this:

check that the scenery.cfg has the following settings located at : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX open with notepad edit where needed and do not forget to save before exiting

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

\Robert Hamlich/

Did you check your scenery in different seasons and are they all the same? check your FSX/scenery/world/texture folder, there should be a lot of files with numbers and letters, are they there or is the folder empty?

which OS do you use? do you have UAC disabled? and do you stop your anti virus program when downloading FSX-SE? long loading times, maybe a malware or a virus hit you, did you scan for that? do you stop your AV when starting FSX? it might block stuff and cause long loading times to.

Herman

Okay everyone, I have an update. I've just edited a few things in my settings and scenery library, and it's caused some glitches but made some things better.

http://prntscr.com/erfu3w

I've also noticed that whenever I move away from something, the less black it gets. Therefore the closer I am to something, the blacker the surrounding area is. Anyway, here's a video:

You can see that the textures came back there at the end, but I spawned in at EGCC and black ones showed again.

@electricman All of the files are there.

Signed,

Jacob

Looks like you have a low end system, the scenery doesn't look like it should at all, water where land is supposed to be and vice verso, what are your specs?

Herman

@electricman I have a low-end system, but I don't know how this happened. My FSX used to work fine, completely well until the other week, when this happened. My specs are as follows:

AMD A6 (1.80ghz) with AMD R4 Radeon Graphics    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

With those specs you should lower all the sliders to a minimum or one notch above minimum, from what I see in the video is that your system can't keep up with loading the scenery. AMD CPU's and Radeon graphic cards aren't good for FSX neither, intel and NVidia make a world of difference, also your RAM is important, not only the size but also the speed and latency.

The only other thing we can still help you with is maybe a few tweaks on your FSX.cfg but then you have to post it here.

Herman

maybe you changed your sliders in the settings? looks like autogen is at least at normal or higher or did you install add ons? post your fsx.cfg and I will check for some anomalies

Herman

High Jacob,

here some changes you can make to get it all better,

under Graphics; texture max load should be 1024

also "highmemfix=1" is missing in this chapter

aircraft shadows=0 ( not 1 )

Texture bandwidth multiplier should be 40 or max 80

Wideview=true instead of false

Upper frame rate limit you should try max 30

under the "weather"

detailed clouds=0

under "terrain"

LOD radius should be 4.5  which is default, not 2.5

texture resolution=28 instead of 23 ( this might cause some textures not loading )

under "scenery"

Lensflare=0 instead of 1 ( hits high on performance )

airline density and GA density both on 0 with your specs

Ships and ferries=0

Leisure boats=0 ( enormous hit on performance)

airport density=0

With these changes it should look better, the grass textures are there don't worry, the airport background at TNCM isn't that big as the black surface you see.

Herman

My notepad++ keeps saying (when I launch FSX) that the file has been modified by another program? Is this right? And, just another thing I'd like to say: It's taking an enormous amount of time to load into a flight, it used to take about 10 seconds, but now it's taking at least 2 minutes.