Sign in to follow this  
Pierredu64

FSX-SE not allowed by Win 10

HI all simmers,

I am a new FSX SE player via Steam Edition. I can't launch FSX, my PC requests an administrator for authorising the operation.  VALVE is not agreed as editor and I'm sent to Steam support who says nothing good.

Has anybody experienced the same difficulties?

Thanks

Pierre

Be sure to set your User Account Control to minimum (the lowest setting) and also be sure you're running FSX "As Admin"?  To set the program to run "As Admin" go to your main FSX folder (presumably: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX) right click on the FSX Icon, select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab, Change Settings for All Users, then place a check box in "Run this program as an Administrator", and then "OK" (you'll have to do this twice, once for each open window).  This usually resolves the type of issue you're having for most people.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, set your Windows account as an Admin account.

If that still doesn't work, be sure you have the FSX.exe program as being allowed to run by your computer security software.

If this still doesn't work, then y ou might have a Windows folder permission problem with the Program Files X86 folder.

I hope this helps you to resolve your issue(s).

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you Dave, I have tried lot of things without any result, so you are right : it must be a windows folder permission problem.

Cheers

Pierre

All too happy to help my friend. Let us know how you make out?

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi, Dave I have had  recently fixed it. Going to the FSX.exe,  properties, numerical signatures and look at signature; found something like" Railsimulator T/A Dovetal" saying this certificat is not valid and  this is the reason of the problem. I went to Win 10 certificats store and remove all invalid certificats from Dovetail. Restarted my computer, launched FSX-SE via Steam, who  provided a new and valid certificat, and I can play with FSX again. That fix worked well in my case.

Thank you

Pierre