Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

ORBX KSAN San Diego International Released!

12 minutes ago, Hoang Le said:

I am using 376.53 with FSX(SE). Is there a memory leak from nVidia with FSX? I know that there has been a memory leak issue with P3D but not FSX, not that I know of.

I didn't know the issue only affected P3D and, besides, I'm pretty sure that's a good driver.  Perhaps others will post what their VAS is running KSAN.  My experience is that Orbx Socal can be pretty VAS intense.  Perhaps, if you're worried about how large your VAS is getting, you may have to change some settings in your control panels (KSAN, SOCAL, Vector).

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just now, Gregg_Seipp said:

I didn't know the issue only affected P3D and, besides, I'm pretty sure that's a good driver.  Perhaps others will post what their VAS is running KSAN.  My experience is that Orbx Socal can be pretty VAS intense.  Perhaps, if you're worried about how large your VAS is getting, you may have to change some settings in your control panels (KSAN, SOCAL, Vector).

Hi,
Thank you for your help. I might only use ORBX Global and openLC NA with ORBX KSAN only. If this combination works well when flying jetliners (FSLABs,PMDGs) then I will give it a go. It is very hard to know exactly since every system/configuration is different.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I must be swimming against the tide with this one. I have never been more unimpressed with an Orbx product and I have ALL of them! I lie, I don't have Canberra Cityscape. :smile:

San Diego looks washed out, flat and painfully photoreal.  I flew from there north up the coast aways and the scenery livened up considerably.

Mustn't complain too much though, as I get the OAPs discount. Still, $32?

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

15 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

painfully photoreal

Can't say I've heard that one before but I think I get it.  Washed out or strange colors?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have to agree with Ron's comments on this one.  I live in San Diego and felt the area has an overall dark, "gloomy" feel to it.  Maybe it's the heavy shadowing of the airport and the downtown buildings.  San Diego is bright and sunny.  :)

Coronado agn have all flat roofs and sparsely any vegetation?  Approaching felt a little like a concrete jungle (like as if I was in LA, ha!), ...  again more trees would have helped.  While the modeler is definitely gifted, I see no reason to move on from my Latin VFR version.  But I am sure it will still sell well.

Clutch

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I must be swimming against the tide with this one. I have never been more unimpressed with an Orbx product and I have ALL of them! I lie, I don't have Canberra Cityscape. :smile:

San Diego looks washed out, flat and painfully photoreal.  I flew from there north up the coast aways and the scenery livened up considerably.

Mustn't complain too much though, as I get the OAPs discount. Still, $32?

Plus one here. This is the only ORBXpurchase that I regret. I have un installed it. I could give you a laundry list but its just bad.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I never thought this would be possible. I uninstalled KSAN and the place came alive! Instead of empty marinas and naval shipyards(San Diego, home of the USN right?) The roads actually have MOVING traffic! :blink: Palm trees are back and the colour has returned.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

20 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Scott,

Most of the peripheral airports in KSAN package have gotten minor makeovers from SoCal. SoCal was a YUGGE improvement on all the default airports in the area.

One airfield I am very familiar with is KNRS and somewhat familiar with KNZY. KNZY in KSAN package looks like it does today in real world, with some generic looking objects but nice photoscenery.

KNRS is kinda odd. (Full disclosure: I developed a scenery package for KNRS with all kinds of improvements a couple of years ago).  As I mentioned, the SoCal package greatly improved the default scenery but not to the custom level of my package.

The KSAN package can be run in FTX Global mode or in Orbx SoCal region mode. I am running in SoCal mode. When viewed from overhead, you can plainly see the intermesh of SoCal and KSAN areas at KNRS. It is not exactly a seamless blend. In all fairness, you would probably not notice flying in or out of the airfield. Unfortunately you would probably notice if you were doing helo maneuvers near the border with Mexico south of the base. 

Generally, I find the KSAN area a slight improvement in performance over SoCal, a significant improvement in overall vector and POI over SoCal, and still with the overall greenish photoscenery color problems in SoCal. Performance at KSAN itself is much better on my system than LatinVFR/SoCal combo.

Hope this helps, KSAN package is net positive for me.

Hi Henry,

Thanks so much for the detailed write up... I'll have to look for your KNRS package - hah - personal knowledge of the field ? I used to go down there quite often - to "scrounge" radar parts from the surplus warehouse at KNRS for the SCORE facility on San Clemente Island... I liked IB - it seemed a little off the beaten track (as much as you can be in SOCAL) and had a nice pier and beaches...

Given some of the feedback - I will probably pass on this package - I have the LVFR one and I've been pretty happy with it - combined with FTX Global - makes the area nice enough... If this had come across with unilaterally "exceptional" reviews - I may have made the switch...

Again - thanks for taking the time...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

20 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Scott,

Most of the peripheral airports in KSAN package have gotten minor makeovers from SoCal. SoCal was a YUGGE improvement on all the default airports in the area.

One airfield I am very familiar with is KNRS and somewhat familiar with KNZY. KNZY in KSAN package looks like it does today in real world, with some generic looking objects but nice photoscenery.

KNRS is kinda odd. (Full disclosure: I developed a scenery package for KNRS with all kinds of improvements a couple of years ago).  As I mentioned, the SoCal package greatly improved the default scenery but not to the custom level of my package.

The KSAN package can be run in FTX Global mode or in Orbx SoCal region mode. I am running in SoCal mode. When viewed from overhead, you can plainly see the intermesh of SoCal and KSAN areas at KNRS. It is not exactly a seamless blend. In all fairness, you would probably not notice flying in or out of the airfield. Unfortunately you would probably notice if you were doing helo maneuvers near the border with Mexico south of the base. 

Generally, I find the KSAN area a slight improvement in performance over SoCal, a significant improvement in overall vector and POI over SoCal, and still with the overall greenish photoscenery color problems in SoCal. Performance at KSAN itself is much better on my system than LatinVFR/SoCal combo.

Hope this helps, KSAN package is net positive for me.

Please delete - I can't delete the quote - the forum wasn't registering the post - hence the double...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The YouTube video is well done, but, never shows a comparison or even a single close up  of airside terminals, airport buildings, etc.  How does ORBX compare in that regard, as that is what matters most to me.

Joe Lorenc

Clutch, how is that SoCAL photoreal scenery of your comig along! ;) I am just fishing of course but the images you showed about a yar ago looked absolutely amazing :) Together with LatinVFR KSAN.., who needs anyting else :)

Mike

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I never thought this would be possible. I uninstalled KSAN and the place came alive! Instead of empty marinas and naval shipyards(San Diego, home of the USN right?) The roads actually have MOVING traffic! :blink: Palm trees are back and the colour has returned.

Good thing I am away right now, or I might have already bought it... ;-)

• Upvote 1

Bert

16 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Oh dear - this doesn't look too good at all! As Clutch said and from my RW visits there, San Diego is a bright city (even when it is not sunny!) and looking at this and the other screenshots, they just seem to have got the texture colours very wrong and turned the airport and city into dull drab areas. Will be sticking with my Latin VFR version, which is fairly compatible with SoCal, for now anyway.

Bill

9 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Oh dear - this doesn't look too good at all! As Clutch said and from my RW visits there, San Diego is a bright city (even when it is not sunny!) and looking at this and the other screenshots, they just seem to have got the texture colours very wrong and turned the airport and city into dull drab areas. Will be sticking with my Latin VFR version, which is fairly compatible with SoCal, for now anyway.

Bill

Hi,

Thank you for the video. Actually...by looking at this I somehow prefer the way LatinVFR looks, or maybe because I get so used to it.

I have my day off today and currently changing to P3D, will see how performance and VAS goes with LatinVFR

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5