Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

A guide to help people Running FSL A320 PMDG 777-747

If your sim is running fine there is no point in reading this Guide. 

If however you have trouble with OOM's, Texture loading, FPS, hopefully this might help, why does it work? perhaps these setting just work for me, maybe they could help you?

There is nothing new or groundbreaking, Just how I manage P3D and my add-ons on a middle of the road PC. 

I have uploaded to my work web site.

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/A-guild-to-Running-P3D-3.4-FSL-A320-PMDG-777-747.pdf

Enjoy!

• Upvote 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Nice! Thanks to share...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Hi David,

great work, thanks for your contribution.

I´m also running P3D 3.4 on a "Middle of the road PC" and had a hard time configuring my setup to run smoothly with "Heavy Iron" and complex scenery. Finally, i found my sweet spot and i´m very happy. Reading your guide, i see that my settings and procedures are very similar to yours. One question though, would you mind letting us know your Nvidia Control Panel / Nvidia Inspector settings?

Regards, Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Thanks for the guide David, interesting read. 

One question: You have traffic limit set to 1 in FSUIPC, is this a typo?

Guide is unreadable for me,,,all I see are a bunch of little squares instead of text. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks guys,

Lars Stahmann,

I don't use Nvidia inspector anymore. But I do have a few changers in the control panel. I will check this as I am at work but I think it the following. Power set to max performance/textures set to best quality/ with the P3D settings memory cache turned off. That's it, that last one not sure if that's the right name? 

Lars Schneider 

If 1 = off then yes its a typo :biggrin:

Am sure there are a few typo with my terrible grammar and spelling. (I am dyslexic)   

Paul,

Sorry Paul as you can see others are reading it, can you try a different browser? Nevermind, I have upload a Word version for you.

Link to page with PDF at top and lower link to a Word Doc version

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/my-page/

Hope that works for you Paul?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks David :smile:

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

"My Current PC Spec is a 4790 @ 4.5, 8GB Ram and a new GTX 1070. So it’s no super PC. My Screen is 28” 120 refresh rate"

Please define "Super PC" then :-)

Other than that - a nice easy-to-read tuturial.

4 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

7700K @ 5 GHz + Titan X Pascal or 1080ti

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

2 hours ago, carlito777 said:

7700K @ 5 GHz + Titan X Pascal or 1080ti

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

"My Current PC Spec is a 4790 @ 4.5, 8GB Ram and a new GTX 1070. So it’s no super PC. My Screen is 28” 120 refresh rate"

Other than that - a nice easy-to-read tuturial.

Happy to define it,

7700 @ 5.2 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/intel-core-i7-7700k-5.2ghz-kaby-lake-socket-lga1151-pre-binned-processor-oem-cp-007-oe.html 

SLI Titan X Pascal or 1080ti, forget SSD's Windows and P3D running on there own Samsung 960 EVO's, up to date Ram running at 3200MHz + not 3 year old Ram like I have. All Custom water cooled. Also a 4k screen not a 1080x1920 but I do think 4k hits frames hard.

All a far cry from a 3 year old PC with a Stock clock speed 1070.

That's a "Super PC" :biggrin: Glad you enjoyed the Read.

--------------

Another thing that helps is running two screens my main one, the middle of screen is eye level hight with a 24" very old screen set below with no stand resting on desk top at an angle for the PFD, so I enlarge the pop up PFD's to match real life size.

A320-set-up.jpg

Great work David, Impressive you "dare" using LOD 6.5 btw.  :-)

Am i the only one seeing a performance smooth improvement using "maximum prerendered FPS=1" in Nvidia ControlPanel under game settings ? btw. ? Not default 1 after a driver update on my system.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Also, 

I noticed FFT = 0.01. Don't you get massive blurries with this number? Yes, FPS should improve at cost of poor terrain processing that results in blurries.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Great work David, Impressive you "dare" using LOD 6.5 btw.  :-)

The point of doing this was to show what works for me as just saying " I never get OOM's" is not very enlightening. It might even come across as derogatory to people having problems. So if I show what works it just might help someone. All I can do is share and try to help. 

As for LOD 6.5, thats a must for me Michael, like some people must run water on ultra, or shadows on max, it's all about balance and why I went to the trouble to show what works for me. Also I fly nothing but the hanger in my sig below so everything is set for them aircraft, not flying a GA at 3,000ft.

Dinner over back to work for me....

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Also, 

I noticed FFT = 0.01. Don't you get massive blurries with this number? Yes, FPS should improve at cost of poor terrain processing that results in blurries.

No I dont, I now get the best texture loading Ive ever had within P3D with that setting and locking FPS, I hoped it was all explained. Its pointless me showing a screen shot of perfect loaded OLC, someone will just say I paused the sim. You will just have to take my word for it. The locked FPS like I explained is key to the texture loading then I spent a lot of time trying different FFT to not lose the quality but get back as many FPS as possible.

Got to do some work....

David, could you rephrase this part:

If you use the FSL A320 Before rebooting I will load P3D again with the FSL A320 and let that build its runways.bin. Takes about 45 sec’s. After that close Reboot so when I start the flight FSL is not looking for anything. I also only use the default Cold & Dark state.

What does it mean "After that close Reboot..." Is Reboot a program?

Thanks,

Dirk.

PS: My FSL A320X rebuilds FSL its runways.bin every time I launch a scenario.

Edited by Dirk98