Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

AFCAD editor for one way taxiways

Hi all,

i posted this in here because I use only P3D however this will apply to FSX too.

Does anyone know if there are any AFCAD editing softwares out there that can turn taxiways into one way directions?

I've recently starting using the amazing AI controller Ver2 that has an option to detect one direction taxiways but I don't know how to make this happen.

thanks

Ice

ice

a silly question perhaps (& I'm keen to know) ... have you asked what AIC looks for to "direct 1 way use: ??

for now, cheers

john martin

I'm sure that one of the design experts like Father Bill will chime in at some point, but the answer to your question  is no. To my knowledge, it is not possible  to make a one way taxiway  in FSX. 

It is possible  to create a taxiway that either enters or exits a runway at such an acute angle that the AI will only use it in one direction. It is also possible to create small gaps in taxiway system. The AI will always take the most efficient route to a runway  like a trained rat running in a maze. If the taxiway  is part of a convoluted  route, the AI might only use it in a specific  direction.

People  sometimes wonder why the taxi links in ADE have arrows, but as I recall, the arrows are drawn so that the user can tell which are the left and right sides of the taxiway  for purposes of adding lines and lights.

I agree with Vadriver. You should ask the developer  of AI Controller,  as maybe there's a hidden feature  in P3d.

Ok Thanks to you both,

Ive used AFX but don't remember being able to assign directional taxiways. Thought maybe ADE had this feature but couldn't find anything relating to it on their website blogs.

Thanks again

Ice

On 30/03/2017 at 1:54 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm sure that one of the design experts like Father Bill will chime in at some point, but the answer to your question  is no. To my knowledge, it is not possible  to make a one way taxiway  in FSX. 

It is possible  to create a taxiway that either enters or exits a runway at such an acute angle that the AI will only use it in one direction. It is also possible to create small gaps in taxiway system. The AI will always take the most efficient route to a runway  like a trained rat running in a maze. If the taxiway  is part of a convoluted  route, the AI might only use it in a specific  direction.

People  sometimes wonder why the taxi links in ADE have arrows, but as I recall, the arrows are drawn so that the user can tell which are the left and right sides of the taxiway  for purposes of adding lines and lights.

I agree with Vadriver. You should ask the developer  of AI Controller,  as maybe there's a hidden feature  in P3d.

Doing this plays havoc with any ATC programme that gives directions to/from the runway or apron. Not recommended. Not only that but AI gets confused as well and can get stuck. Again not recommended. It creates more problems than it solves. And anyway it's rare to have "one-way" taxiways. So it's not really realistic.