Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Ultimate Traffic Live (beta) released!

How do I reduce/change traffic during a session?

No matter what settings I change, KSEA for example is completely full, even when I move all sliders to lowest possible values (in P3D and UTL) it has no effect.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, dal330200 said:

I have yet to see a Daedelus aircraft, although over 1,000 are listed in the menu.  On the other hand, I DO NOT see any button or control to disable Daedelus in the interface, so that should be something that will be hopefully addressed in the future.

On the Flight1 UT Live forum the developer says the Daedalus (sp?) repaints are turned off by default.

Good concise review of UT Live. You describe it well.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

No matter what settings I change, KSEA for example is completely full, even when I move all sliders to lowest possible values (in P3D and UTL) it has no effect.

Have the same issue, and aircraft following 100m behind on final. Makes a mess at busy airports.

Hi Folks,

In all this time since FS9 - can't anyone emulate "AI Smooth" ??? I sure do miss that little program...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

10 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Cargo routes and liveries included?

Yes I see plenty of cargo liveries, including Cathay and China Airlines 747-800.  The only problem I'm having is they're parking at terminal gates which is annoying since I fixed many afcads to prevent that.  Overfilling of gates seems to be one issue with UT Live I'm trying to figure out.   Other than that, superb addon so far.

4 hours ago, Alpenman said:

Have the same issue, and aircraft following 100m behind on final. Makes a mess at busy airports.

One thing that may work is to either limit the amount of traffic spawned before launching P3D.  Another option is to reduce traffic by clicking Ctrl Shift F11 keys.  This seemed to help once or twice, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke or really made a difference.  You can also try to reset UT in the P3D toolbar under Add-ons.  Other than that, the only thing that worked was to shut down P3D, respawn fewer aircraft through the main UT interface and start it again.  Hopefully all of this will be addressed once the release becomes public, final and includes a manual...

Did you figure out any other tips?

John

On 3/30/2017 at 9:50 AM, max2770 said:

...an old United livery?  They didn't update the old UT2 liveries?!  That's a major dealbreaker for me.

They include many new liveries for United and American, but some of the old ones as well.  They're easy to change if you don't like them.  In the real world, some older AC such as the 747, some 757 and 767s are not repainted, along with AA's MD fleet.  It's a mixed bag.  However, the models as well as the liveries on everything else I've seen so far are awesome. 

John

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

On the Flight1 UT Live forum the developer says the Daedalus (sp?) repaints are turned off by default.

Good concise review of UT Live. You describe it well.

Thanks for the info and compliment.  I'm just starting to browse through those forums now that I can get into the support one.  Still pretty happy overall, but I need to figure out the settings better to control how airports are populated and planes parked at wrong gates despite my customized afcads.  Still, I won't trade this in for anything until something revolutionary comes along.  Thank goodness I don't need to see those clunky MT6 models and poor behaviors anymore.

16 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

One thing that may work is to either limit the amount of traffic spawned before launching P3D.  Another option is to reduce traffic by clicking Ctrl Shift F11 keys.  This seemed to help once or twice, but I'm not sure.  You can also try to reset UT in the P3D toolbar under Add-ons.  Other than that, the only thing that worked was to shut down P3D, respawn fewer aircraft through the main UT interface and start it again. 

John

It seems lowering in the UTL interface and restarting the sim does lower the traffic amounts parked. I have not had time to watch more landings to see if that helps there too.

Interestingly there doesn't appear to be any cargo traffic.

Just now, Alpenman said:

It seems lowering in the UTL interface and restarting the sim does lower the traffic amounts parked. I have not had time to watch more landings to see if that helps there too.

Interestingly there doesn't appear to be any cargo traffic.

I've seen lots of cargo traffic parked at gates, but so far only airline ones.  In the UT forums, they mention that UPS or Fedex do not publish their schedules so they're not included.  Cathay, China Airlines, Japan airlines and I think an ANA cargo showed up so far at some airports I was at.

John

7 hours ago, Nemo said:

One thing that may work is to either limit the amount of traffic spawned before launching P3D.  Another option is to reduce traffic by clicking Ctrl Shift F11 keys.  This seemed to help once or twice, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke or really made a difference.  You can also try to reset UT in the P3D toolbar under Add-ons.  Other than that, the only thing that worked was to shut down P3D, respawn fewer aircraft through the main UT interface and start it again.  Hopefully all of this will be addressed once the release becomes public, final and includes a manual...

John

Ok, downloaded installed and flying...

First thoughts, quick download and easy install. Everything so far is very smooth and simple to make work.

Things I've noticed first up. There are a few airline textures and callsigns missing so having the old UT2 aircraft textures available is handy and easy to pop into live. Some flight plan routes are a bit weird like going the wrong way mid route or 2 or 3 hundred miles off a straight line, more noticeable outside the USA. (Eg AUSTRALIA) Of course these flights will always never be ontime.

The cruise levels bother me, most aircraft are flying west at FL350 and those flying east are at FL330. 

I haven't found a way to change the AI flight plans yet like we could in UT2. Although I haven't really look yet.

Overall I think it's great to have an update to UT so not complaining here. But if the developers fix up the old liveries and somehow fix the flight levels is a win win!

Iceman

Seems not that much has changed, in regard to flight levels. I doubt that will ever be fixed. The developer will probably do another runner before that happens.

Sometimes I feel that some of these dev's that all of a sudden disappear for months or years on end, then return to see if they can generate more cash.

Hope I am wrong, but there is a pattern. Is this UTL just cosmetic, with a few minor fixes ( like AI disappearing when accessing the menu,) and a nice pretty interface..

The feature of dynamic departures is a nice feature, but lot of the annoying nuances from UT2 have only been slightly addressed. Will more of the past UT2 annoying bugs get fixed with later patches ? well we shall see.

Edited by Travelling_Wilbury
Spelling mistake

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Found this video on YT.

From EGFF to YSSY

8 hours ago, dal330200 said:

I've seen lots of cargo traffic parked at gates, but so far only airline ones.  In the UT forums, they mention that UPS or Fedex do not publish their schedules so they're not included.  Cathay, China Airlines, Japan airlines and I think an ANA cargo showed up so far at some airports I was at.

John

I see, thats disappointing. Fedex and UPS are quite prevalent where im at!

Also confirmed that the density slider frees up gates at the airport, but aircraft landing still have a lot of issues with go arounds

cpwJY5X.jpg