Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Different runways in FMC

Good afternoon,

Do you know why when programing a route in FMC and trying to select runways for SID or STARS, the runway is not the same than P3D?

I have Navigraph current cycle and FMS is the same than charts but when arriving to runway or selecting position in P3D, the number is not the same.

Do I have to change anything in settings for PMDG aircrafts?

Thanks very much.

7 minutes ago, Xiropillo said:

Do you know why when programing a route in FMC and trying to select runways for SID or STARS, the runway is not the same than P3D?

Because Navigraph data is updated every 28 days.

P3D data is updated...never.*

* Unless you update it yourself by updating the airport's bgl, or installing 3rd party scenery.

8 minutes ago, Xiropillo said:

Do I have to change anything in settings for PMDG aircrafts?

No. You need to update P3D's data for the airport that isn't matching up.

Kyle Rodgers

Now I understand. Do you know how to update data for airport not matching?

That is probably the reason why the Aivlasoft soft does not recognize stars and approaches from navigraph.

Thanks. So P3D is in fact a prepared FSX...

2 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

So P3D is in fact a prepared FSX...

They are both derived from the same program called ESP.

I share the following with you humbly and respectfully, and share it in the hope of helping you in the future. 

The issue you wrote about has been raised and answered many, many times that I've come across over the past 10 years or so.  I certainly have no problem with another post regarding it or any other question.  That said, we have hundreds of thousands of people in the flight sim community, which itself has been around for well over thirty years. With so many people over such a long period of time, chances are any issue we find has been written about and likely solved many times before (unless it's something with a just released product).  These issues and solutions are our for the plucking via a simple Google search which is greatly beneficial for two reasons: we can find the solution immediately rather than waiting for a reply to our post, and because we'll almost always find additional information that will be helpful to us both immediately and in the future. Again, the intent of this perspective is to help, and not any other reason.

My very best wishes to you for happy flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

Now I understand. Do you know how to update data for airport not matching?

Assuming you are talking about default airports, the easy way is to learn the basics of free Airport Design Editor (ADE) by Scruffyduck here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/

It is really easy to change runway numbers, because the runway position does not change.

Dan Downs KCRP

A great example in South Africa would be Lanseria airport (FALA), the default scenery depicts parallel runways 06/24, however if you have the latest nav data you'll find a single runway 07/25. The data on board the aircraft is correct, its the sim that is slightly behind the times, only way to fix that is to download an add-on airport which is more up to date.

More often than not though its not a physical change to the runway position but its just the very slow drift of Magnetic North, eventually it becomes apparent the runway number is no longer very close to the magnetic heading so runway 07 which once read on a compass as 070 (or there about's) has over the years drifted into a heading of lets say 078 magnetic on the compass - so therefore it may be re-designated to runway 08. 

Of course you can ignore all that if you were already aware of this phenomenon and just wondered how to change the number...thats already been answered above!

Anthony Milner

39 minutes ago, antic81 said:

only way to fix that is to download an add-on airport which is more up to date.

No it's not .... see my post just before yours.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks very much for your responses.

Sorry for posting something dupe but I promise that I am not the kind of person being lazy and asking for just getting quick and easy responses. The net is huge and full of great helping material but also difficult to understand and filter. I visit this forums everyday, even twice or more in a day and I have read about variation of runways but I didn't understand the difference of updating navaids or airacs. I thought that I was doing it all together with Navigraph monthly updates and only realised about those differences, when flying to new airports. I use to fly same routes daily for learning systems and navigation.

As it happened with 737 and not 777 (now I know that it was just due to a different route), I just wanted to be sure that it was not a settings issue.

English is not my native language and sometimes is hard to follow instructions, tutorials and technical words specially in YouTube videos.

Thanks for giving me your point of view in such a nice way. I will read carefully older posts and try to avoid those airports.

Again, thanks for your help, for this great forum and enjoy your hobby.

Regards.