Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

X-Plane 11 it's out!!!

It's been rushed out to fulfill distributor dead lines. They could not postpone another month. Basically it doesn't change that much to have a different name from betaXY to 11.XY as long as they keep on fixing stuff.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pilot83 said:

Great now developers can start updating their add ons!

Goodness yes.  @_@   the IEXG needs a LOT of love right now and JARDesigns Tug Master Deluxe needs a major overhaul too so it will stop destroying my planes during pushback.   Or maybe its the bugs in IEXG making Tug Master go stupid.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

+1

Wish I had (more) time, though... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Well sky is still a pixelated / banding mess not good and imo should have not been launched like this - oh well the wait goes on 

Not sure what's going on, on your end Richard, but the sky looked a whole lot better since PB17...not completely perfect, but no glaring banding effect that had plagued the previous Betas.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

9 hours ago, Desaix said:

It's been rushed out to fulfill distributor dead lines. They could not postpone another month. Basically it doesn't change that much to have a different name from betaXY to 11.XY as long as they keep on fixing stuff.

This was posted by Ben yesterday, if it helps:

"Well, we had to _save_ April 1st so I could post that X-Plane 11.01, the next patch, would be the last in the X-Plane 11 updates."

I have no doubt they will continue to fix,patch and improve XP11, so again, I cannot stress enough the importance of good old fashioned patience.

• Upvote 1

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

30 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Not sure what's going on, on your end Richard, but the sky looked a whole lot better since PB17...not completely perfect, but no glaring banding effect that had plagued the previous Betas.

Yes, it seems pretty good now. There is some banding, but I see that in P3D as well at times, and other games during lighting transitions. Maybe they can imrove it some more though.

I'm looking forward to the xEnviro update, which now we have a full release will hopefully not tbe too far off.

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

Yes, its been fixed. A slight banding in sky color but that has to do with 8-bit vs 10-bit, I think. The latest  Arma 3 has a massive banding in the sky, and P3D also but not that much.  Maybe more dithering in the sky color texture might help or a 10-bit capable graphic card with an 10-bit wide-gamut monitor?

2 minutes ago, Sebjo89 said:

Yes, its been fixed. A slight banding in sky color but that has to do with 8-bit vs 10-bit, I think. The latest  Arma 3 has a massive banding in the sky, and P3D also but not that much.  Maybe more dithering in the sky color texture might help or a 10-bit capable graphic card with an 10-bit wide-gamut monitor?

I think you hit it on the head about wide gamut monitors.  Mine is a 4k, color calibrated, wide gamut monitor, and with that, my skies look a whole lot better now than they did before.

14 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Been flying the public beta since the weekend it released. I can say with certainty from this point forward I will not be spending another cent on anything for the FSX platform. I sure hope this goes nuts and more developers take the leap of faith. Forward!

Yep.  I'm not sure if you're grouping P3D in the FSX platform, but at this point I'm putting all P3D upgrades and add-ons on hold as well.  I had only been dabbling in XPlane since version 9 on rare occasions and usually returned to FSX.  Not this time.  I'm all in with XPlane now and hope developers will see it as the excellent platform that it has become.  Seems to me, if Lockheed wants to stay in the game class room, they had better step it up.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Desaix said:

Do you have some firm information that leads you to conclude that this was "rushed", or are you just guessing?

I've been a user of Xplane 11 since beta. Great piece of software. I'm hoping to build a generic home simulator for it. Currently using what I g\have so far with P3D. Right now, I'm testing out the default 737 in XP11 in conjunction with Air Manager and XHSI for the displays for my triple monitor setup.
32912414654_1610ad9626_k.jpgIMG_7134 by Lee Alexander, on Flickr

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Do you have some firm information that leads you to conclude that this was "rushed", or are you just guessing?

Well, historically X-Plane x.00 has always been rushed out. :smile: XP 10.00, 9.00, 8.00... Basically all of them were buggy, incomplete betas. Compared to them, X-Plane 11.00 is probably the less rushed out of them all.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

11 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Oooof, JustFlight just announced the release, and their selling it for a whopping $90!  I'm glad I got in when I did. :cool:

How does that work, when buying direct from Laminar or Steam is $59.99?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor