Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

X-Plane 11 it's out!!!

7 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Oooof

What!!? for the download version?..... £65 :ohmy:  Its £45 on Steam and £48 via LR. Must be a mistake.

As for it being rushed, it certainly feels that way to me, though I have no experience of previous versions. To prevent negativity I would have waited a while longer for full release, as putting it out unoptimized and glitchy does not make for a good first impression :unsure:

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

How does that work, when buying direct from Laminar or Steam is $59.99?

My first thought was due to the dvds, but this is a digital download.  On top of that, you see on the box cover that you get 3 Aerosoft detailed airports...I could have sworn there were more in the Beta.  I am perplexed at why the cost is much higher...maybe because it has Aerosoft's name attached?

No matter, I already have it, I love it, I'm keeping it. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

as far as .00 releases goes this is miles ahead of 10 and dont even start the the 64bit transition midcycle. :D

and i wouldnt call it unoptimized and glitchy. its performance with rc1 is miles ahead of the the first betas. it has some edges but all x-plane versions have that.

2 minutes ago, Novation said:

What!!? for the download version?..... £65 :ohmy:  Its £45 on Steam and £48 via LR. Must be a mistake.

As for it being rushed, it certainly feels that way to me, though I have no experience of previous versions. To prevent negativity I would have waited a while longer for full release, as putting it out unoptimized and glitchy does not make for a good first impression :unsure:

Something is certainly rotten in Denmark, with the high retail cost, to a "rushed" RTM.  While I don't feel that it's incomplete, it certainly has a bit that needs optimized, but that will come with the first patch, probably within a month (but don't quote me, I don't have inside information).

A little tip though, it is HIGHLY encouraged by Team LR to purchase it through their site, as opposed to Steam, unless you live in parts of the world where getting stable access to their CDN may be a problem (this comes from Ben's own lips)

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

5 minutes ago, Jimm said:

A little tip though, it is HIGHLY encouraged by Team LR to purchase it through their site, as opposed to Steam, unless you live in parts of the world where getting stable access to their CDN may be a problem (this comes from Ben's own lips)

I would alway try and get it direct, as I did in this case, so the full value goes to the developers, rather than Steam or other vendors getting a slice. Is it correct that updates come quicker to the non Steam versions as well?... I might be wrong, but I thought I read this somewhere, but that may have been for something else.

3 minutes ago, Novation said:

I would alway try and get it direct, as I did in this case, so the full value goes to the developers, rather than Steam or other vendors getting a slice. Is it correct that updates come quicker to the non Steam versions as well?... I might be wrong, but I thought I read this somewhere, but that may have been for something else.

yes LR customers get access to beta while steam users only get rc versions.

3 minutes ago, Novation said:

Agreed.  I never saw the point of getting the Steam version, when it was perfectly simple to get it from LR.  From what i have read, updates flow through the quickest for those who downloaded XP11 from LR directly, though i cannot confirm if non beta releases would come as quickly for Steam.

Just now, Jimm said:

I never saw the point of getting the Steam version, when it was perfectly simple to get it from LR.  From what i have read, updates flow through the quickest for those who downloaded XP11 from LR directly

3 minutes ago, alpha12125 said:

yes LR customers get access to beta while steam users only get rc versions.

Thanks for the confirmation. Its worth getting direct for that alone personally speaking. I do love Steam for games and as stated the sales are great. It hopefully pulls people in to the hobby as well, with people buying it who might not if it were not on Steam.

Hmm...

The price difference between JustFlight and Steam - and Laminar Research is quite perplexing to say the least...
It's quite a big difference, with no obvious reason as to why...?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have been reading this with some interest. I tried X-plane years ago and wasn't real pleased when comparing it to the then current version of MSFS. It appears that now there is a very active following and that the sim has progressed well.  Pursuant to this, I am becoming more interested and am contemplating the purchase.  One question, however. Did X-Plane ever get seasonal graphics?  Before there was only summer (or something similar). I would like to see all 4 seasons. Nothing like icing, slick runways, fall colors, etc...  Kind of adds to the immersion factor.

Having lived through FS-X and all its' vagaries and the demise of Microsoft Flight (which I still enjoy),  I'm ready to try something new. The price is right and it seems LR has really upped their game as far as support and updates.  Now with version 11 this might be the time to jump back aboard.

Whatcha think?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

Something is certainly rotten in Denmark, ...

HEY! What's Denmark got to do with it...?? :biggrin::biggrin:

(Me, being from this small country in the north, feel ... well ... you know ... ) 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

One question, however. Did X-Plane ever get seasonal graphics? 

Not yet, They are trying to push for incremental seasonal changes instead of an on/off situation.  Long term plan.

1 minute ago, Anders Gron said:

HEY! What's Denmark got to do with it...?? :biggrin::biggrin:

(Me, being from this small country in the north, feel ... well ... you know ... ) 

Wow, what do you know...someone, just had to have a problem with that statement.  I guess not everyone is familiar with strange expressions from the US.

"Rotten In Denmark" = Something is strange, amiss, not right, f'ed up, screwed up....

2 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Wow, what do you know...someone, just had to have a problem with that statement.  I guess not everyone is familiar with strange expressions from the US.

"Rotten In Denmark" = Something is strange, amiss, not right, f'ed up, screwed up....

A line from the play Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. An officer of the palace guard says this after the ghost of the dead king appears, walking over the palace walls. Note: “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark” is used to describe corruption or a situation in which something is wrong. -Wikipedia